Proposal: (VAN/TOR) Jett Woo, Brendan Leipsic for Andreas Johnsson and Justin Holl

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Ultimately TOR needs a role player/agitator in their bottom 6. Leipsic is just right.

Holl is a good player and could add depth to VAN. There seems to be a major log jam on TOR's RHD now.

Johnsson is a struggling in a 4th line role but could be good for VAN in a more offensive role. He was a solid player for the Marlies last year and helped the team win the AHL championship.

Woo is the add on to even out this trade.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Well, I like it for Toronto, but I just read in another thread that the Canucks are really high on Woo. But if Benning would do it, I am all for it!

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Have a feeling Van would want more for Woo, he isn't really an "add on". Leafs give up two scratched players, for one scratched player and a good prospect.

I'm high on Johnsson and he could be a stud, but hasn't proven much yet in the NHL.

Woo is a good add on because Johnsson and Holl both have higher ceilings than Leipsic.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Holl is a good player ? i guess you could say he's a good AHLer since that's where he's ever played and he 26 .

basically it's Johnson for Woo and i don't see why the nucks would do this

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Holl is a good player ? i guess you could say he's a good AHLer since that's where he's ever played and he 26 .

basically it's Johnson for Woo and i don't see why the nucks would do this

Holl is on his way up, but Oz is putting in some solid minutes now. Eventually TOR will bring up Liljegren. Holl should be an NHLer, but he is losing out because of TOR's depth.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Scraps? You're ignoring recent history, and solid AHL careers.

My dude...

Leipsic himself has accomplished more at the NHL level than Johnsson. Nobody really cares what he did in the AHL on stacked, veteran, overpaid Marlie teams.

I wouldn’t trade Leipsic for Johnsson alone.

Then you’re adding 18 year old Jett Woo just drafted in the 2nd round for AHL fodder. Sorry, I get you’re a Leafs fan who thinks he is trending up, but literally every team in the league has “Holls” that are worth zilch. 26 year old minor league player. Zero value.

This is a bad trade, no other way around it.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
My dude...

Leipsic himself has accomplished more at the NHL level than Johnsson. Nobody really cares what he did in the AHL on stacked, veteran, overpaid Marlie teams.

Then you’re adding 18 year old Jett Woo just drafted in the 2nd round for AHL fodder. Sorry, I get you’re a Leafs fan who thinks he is trending up, but literally every team in the league has “Holls” that are worth zilch. 26 year old minor league player. Zero value.

No need to be disingenuous. The Marlie's were quite a young team. But, no question, I think Vancouver keeps Woo.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
My dude...

Leipsic has zero NHL playoff games and less accomplishments on a "stacked veteran AHL team (also played for the Marlies).

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Leipsic put up as good numbers as Johnsson did in the AHL and has shown more in the NHL. You realize Vancouver just drafted Woo 37th overall right?

This is worse than an offer of Leipsic for Sandin. Think about that

Someone in this thread said that Woo is worth a 4th, sooooo...there's that.

I think that it's really hard to honestly evaluate many 2nd round players. Sandin is looking good so far, but many 2nd rounders don't cut it. Jett Woo probably will suffer the same fate. He's not special though.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Someone in this thread said that Woo is worth a 4th, sooooo...there's that.

I think that it's really hard to honestly evaluate many 2nd round players. Sandin is looking good so far, but many 2nd rounders don't cut it. Jett Woo probably will suffer the same fate. He's not special though.
He said that the trade would be better if you subbed him out for a 4th. He's about worth the 37th overall pick at this point.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Leipsic is not any good and would not take a roster spot from any player on the Leafs. He and Holl are both AHL'ers.

Johnsson has looked bad this year but I'd rather have the reigning AHL playoff MVP as my healthy scratch than a guy who gets healthy scratched on the Canucks.

I don't blame Vancouver fans for not liking this deal because of Woo, but I hate this deal too.

Reactions: Zrinski

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
A whole lot of nothing impressive being offered on either side in this proposal. I'm sure that won't stop both fanbases from thinking guys like Leipsic and Johnsson all have these imaginary high ceilings where in reality not a single player in this OP is much higher than waiver wire material.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
[QUOTE="heybuddyhowyadoing, post: 151263683, member: 293901"]Ultimately TOR needs a role player/agitator in their bottom 6. Leipsic is just right.

Holl is a good player and could add depth to VAN. There seems to be a major log jam on TOR's RHD now.

Johnsson is a struggling in a 4th line role but could be good for VAN in a more offensive role. He was a solid player for the Marlies last year and helped the team win the AHL championship.

Woo is the add on to even out this trade.[/QUOTE]

Ever heard of this Kadri kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad