Proposal: VAN-TBL-ANA trade.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
To Vancouver: Anaheim 1st, Tampa Bay 2nd, Dotchin/Koekkoek

To Tampa: Chris Tanev

To Anaheim: Tyler Johnson + Sven Baertschi/Nikolay Goldobin.

Justification:

Canucks get a decent return for Tanev.

Tampa gets Chris Tanev to form arguably the best D in the league.

Anaheim pays a pretty low price for a guy who underperformed last season, but shown he is capable of magic in the playoffs + a decent, young winger in Baertschi or Goldobin who could blossom in Anaheim.

Who adds?

Pastawithsauce

May 10, 2017
Seem kind of like an overpayment for TB. A 2nd and Ty Jon for Tanev when their blue line is stacked. Not sure about there cap situation. I know Stammer Point and Miller could be solid down the middle. Why does Tampa do that tho? They got assets to move without breaking up their roster.

Reactions: AndreRoy

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Seem kind of like an overpayment for TB. A 2nd and Ty Jon for Tanev when their blue line is stacked. Not sure about there cap situation. I know Stammer Point and Miller could be solid down the middle. Why does Tampa do that tho? They got assets to move without breaking up their roster.
They've shown interest in Tanev, and also moving Tyler Johnson before his NTC kicks in. I think he's fallen a bit out of favour in TB, and if you have a chance at bolstering your defense against a high flying Caps offense, you do it imo. They can make up for the loss of Johnson's offense quite easily.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I rather send Jake dotchin and Tyler Johnson to Vancouver for Tanev and maybe a 2nd and 5th round picks,Johnson with Horvat and Border could be deadly

Keeben

Sep 26, 2016

Justification:

Anaheim pays a pretty low price for a guy who underperformed last season, but shown he is capable of magic in the playoffs + a decent, young winger in Baertschi or Goldobin who could blossom in Anaheim.

Who adds?

Vancouver would keep Johnson to centre Pettersson. They are in need of a centre badly and he could play great with pete. I know hes a bit older but realistically if they land him hes staying in Vancouver

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I could see the Ducks having interest in Johnson (depending on the situation with Kesler), but this year's 1st is probably a non-starter. Murray, and the organization historically, have been very reluctant to give up a 1st round pick.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
They've shown interest in Tanev, and also moving Tyler Johnson before his NTC kicks in. I think he's fallen a bit out of favour in TB, and if you have a chance at bolstering your defense against a high flying Caps offense, you do it imo. They can make up for the loss of Johnson's offense quite easily.

Johnson is not out of favor - he was in fact one of our top performers in the playoffs yet again this past postseason - and two years of gimpy Tanev doesn’t come close to getting him, much less with those other pieces added from our side.

The idea behind trading Johnson would be to acquire somebody who can secure a spot in our top four for years to come: with McDonagh unlikely to be resigned and Stralman having a limited number of good years remaining we need at least one long term solution in our top four to go along with Hedman, Sergachev, and eventually Foote. Tanev’s contract expires the year after McD’s and Stralman’s and along with his injury history is nowhere near worth the hole Johnson’s loss would create. And unless we’re bringing in that long term top four solution, or alternatively swapping TJ for a forward of comparable value who plays more of a power game (if we just wanted to shake things up), we have no need or reason to trade him.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I would do this as a Ducks fan if I knew we had a deal lined up to move Silf to get back into the 1st round or if we knew for certain that Kesler is out for the year.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Not a bad trade at all. I think the ducks and canucks do it, but TB overpays slightly.

Good job OP :thumbu:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Jesus Christ we lose Johnson, Koekkoek or Dotchin AND a 2nd?? No thank you. Something needs to come back from Anaheim if we're going to get them involved. A draft pick or prospect. Something at all. Otherwise there's no need for a middle man when we'd be better off dealing for Tanev 1 for 1. If we're gonna lose that many assets (regardless of who and what they are) for a single player it better be someone like Panarin or Karlsson.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

Justification:

Who adds?

TB gets wrecked, Van comes out like bandits, and why does Ana need ANOTHER center?

Reactions: AndreRoy

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Good proposal.
I don't think this is uneven from Vancouver's perspective. Goldobin/Baertschi = TB 2nd rounder in terms of value. Leaving Tanev = 23rd overall + Dotchin/Koekkoek, which is reasonable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->