Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Tanner Pearson signs extension with the Canucks (3 years, $3.25M AAV)

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
Lol how do you know this? We have been burned by the Sutter, Roussel and Beagle contracts and you are defending a very similar contract to yet another bottom six player? This contract licks ass and was completely unnecessary and pointless. It’s a mind-blowingly awful decision.
Just stop

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Drance mentioned yesterday that management was scared to lose another respected vet in the locker room after the Markstrom/Tanev departure and how it affect team morale. Pearson's agent clearly knew this a squeezed them for every last cent.

Who am i to say, but, my spidey sense is tingling it's probably not the right move to let the actual good veterans go, and then sign another vet who is not that good to make up for it.

Im sure the guys feel better when you use the cap space to bring in a good player.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Who am i to say, but, my spidey sense is tingling it's probably not the right move to let the actual good veterans go, and then sign another vet who is not that good to make up for it.

Im sure the guys feel better when you use the cap space to bring in a good player.
Preaching to the choir buddy.

Reactions: Uncle Scrooge

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I would love to be in the room when Benning goes to write down a list of his priorities from highest to lowest.

I think the only thing the guy writes down is his signature at bottom of contracts. He seems like the kind of guy that never did a draft or outline of anything in his life.

Reactions: Saucechucker99

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
“It’s not that bad” isn’t much an argument lol. I guess ad hominems are pretty much all you’ve got at this point.
Sry if i think its a fair contract which i will say again for a 28 yr old 3rd liner that can play on the 2nd line at times at 3 mill isnt the end of the world jfc

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Benning tries to be Lou Lamoriello without the pro-scouting chops or the elite coaching to back him up. He probably needs to calm down with the gritty veteran guys until he actually has a worthy core group to do such a thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad