Confirmed with Link: [VAN/SJ] Canucks acquire 7th in 2015 (210 OA) for D Patrick McNally

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Poor decision to not sign him but I guess this is ok asset management to salvage something.

Will be very interested to follow his development.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
surprised sharks gave up a pick now instead of waiting

handshake agreement already ? or maybe they just really like him

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Poor decision to not sign him but I guess this is ok asset management to salvage something.

Will be very interested to follow his development.

There's a high chance this is just an extra 7th rounder. Which is good. Looked like they were never going to sign him.

But there's the very odd chance of him turning out to be next Rafalski or something. He clearly has some talent. Would be devastating if that happens.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

Is it? McNally is the type of player you would hope they take with this pick. Instead we'll get another Stewart to replace the current Stewart being moved to forward.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Is it? McNally is the type of player you would hope they take with this pick. Instead we'll get another Stewart to replace the current Stewart being moved to forward.

Like I said, poor decision not to sign him.

But I assumed that bad decision would be the end of things so am mildly pleasantly surprised to see us get something back at least.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

So glad that 2010 draft is pretty much behind us with this trade . MCNally was a bad pick then and looks to be a worse one in hindsight

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Based on quotes from Benning, we had little to no interest in signing him. I have no idea what his position was.

The question is why? If the guys in management that were here when we drafted him wanted him signed, I have no doubt we would have signed him if McNally was willing.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
If and when McNally turns out to be a serviceable NHLer.
Benning is gonna have to answer the questions that will inevitably arise. Since he made it clear that he doesn't have room for McNally on his LD development depth chart

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
The question is why? If the guys in management that were here when we drafted him wanted him signed, I have no doubt we would have signed him if McNally was willing.

Benning answered that already. We can only develop so many players at once. McNally didn't make the cut.

“We are going to let him be a free agent,†Benning said. “We have got a lot of good young defencemen who we feel are ahead of him. With (Ben) Hutton and (Jordan) Subban being our two young offensive guys, we just felt we can only develop so many young defencemen at once.â€

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story.html?id=11157929

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
If and when McNally turns out to be a serviceable NHLer.
Benning is gonna have to answer the questions that will inevitably arise. Since he made it clear that he doesn't have room for McNally on his LD development depth chart

Don't worry there's Sbisa, we totally got this D-corps thing set buddy.
:yo:

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Benning answered that already. We can only develop so many players at once. McNally didn't make the cut.
Need more time to develop marginal defenseman prospect into a 4th line winger.:naughty:

Seriously though, better than losing him for nothing (though not that much better).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad