Van Riemsdyk stats?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
So this guy's played 12 games of hockey this season, and he's considered a top 6 guy to go in the draft??

Has anyone even seen this guy play or know a thing about him?

I always hear about Kane and Turris and Alzner as they are easy to follow, but havn't heard a thing about Van Riemsdyk's play this season..

funktasticblues93

Jun 3, 2006
st. louis mo.
well he's played all but 12 games, but i don't think that counts the international competitions WJ's under 18's, but he does lead the team in scoring with only 12 games played over guys with 40 something games played

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
vanRiemsdyk's USNTDP stats: 42 GP, 33 G, 30 A, 63 PTS, 81 PIM.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
How does the USNTDP work?

USA Hockey takes many of the best 16-year-old US-born players and puts them together on a team in Ann Arbor, MI. In the first year, they play a full schedule in the NAHL with some international tournaments thrown in. They work out in the gym together and practice every day for eight months.

In the second year, the team plays exhibition games against NAHL, USHL and NCAA teams, again with some international tournaments thrown in. The players continue their intensive daily training and practice program.

Then the team that has played and practiced together for two years goes to Europe to compete in the World Under-18 Championships. They lose to a B-team from Canada that was put together the week before.

That is my understanding of how the NTDP works.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
USA Hockey takes many of the best 16-year-old US-born players and puts them together on a team in Ann Arbor, MI. In the first year, they play a full schedule in the NAHL with some international tournaments thrown in. They work out in the gym together and practice every day for eight months.

In the second year, the team plays exhibition games against NAHL, USHL and NCAA teams, again with some international tournaments thrown in. The players continue their intensive daily training and practice program.

Then the team that has played and practiced together for two years goes to Europe to compete in the World Under-18 Championships. They lose to a B-team from Canada that was put together the week before.

:biglaugh:

Well to be fair, that u-18 team consists of a few 16 year olds.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

That's about right, except the U.S. has won the U18's the last two years.

Slink

Jan 31, 2004
Newmarket, ON
... by narrowly beating other teams that had been put together the week before.

But if what you had said above was true then wouldn't the Americans also be missing any great players who happen to be in the CHL in the U-18 Championships?

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
But if what you had said above was true then wouldn't the Americans also be missing any great players who happen to be in the CHL in the U-18 Championships?

definately, USA should always be the favorites or at least one of the favorites depending on the strength of a particular year for different countries because they play together but not dominating or even losing shouldnt be held against these kids.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Point being? Are you saying because they "narrowly" won, the championships don't mean as much?

My point: for the amount of money and effort put into this program, IMO USA Hockey should be embarassed when its team that has played and practiced together for two years doesn't absolutely dominate the World U-18 tournament, where every other team is put together with week before.

If the NTDP were scrapped, saving literally millions of dollars (which could be invested in more broad-based hockey programs instead), and USA Hockey put together their team the same way the other countries do (e.g., compile its team from available NCAA, USHL, CHL and Prep/HS players), would the US do significantly worse at this event? I doubt it. In fact, it is conceivable that USA Hockey might be able to put together a better team, because they wouldn't be locked into taking a bunch of players to whom they had committed two years previously, but who otherwise would not make the team.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
My point: for the amount of money and effort put into this program, IMO USA Hockey should be embarassed when its team that has played and practiced together for two years doesn't absolutely dominate the World U-18 tournament, where every other team is put together with week before.

If the NTDP were scrapped, saving literally millions of dollars (which could be invested in more broad-based hockey programs instead), and USA Hockey put together their team the same way the other countries do (e.g., compile its team from available NCAA, USHL, CHL and Prep/HS players), would the US do significantly worse at this event? I doubt it. In fact, it is conceivable that USA Hockey might be able to put together a better team, because they wouldn't be locked into taking a bunch of players to whom they had committed two years previously, but who otherwise would not make the team.

:nopity:

Two championships the last two years... I'll take it, regardless of how "narrow" the victories were or how long the teams have been together.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

espo*

Regardless of how and under what circumstances teams are put together for this thing it looks like this year is shaping up to be a good tournament.Several teams seem to be quite good and Canada seems to have a stronger unit assembled then the past couple of years,stronger in the sense that winning gold does'nt seem to be out of reach against a talented and prepared U.S squad.

A final against those two teams would be a doozy this year. I'm thinking about calling in sick to work at this point.

Last time out salmonella poisoning was used as the excuse,gotta come up with something new this time.

Not sure yet what it will be.I'm busy thinking about it though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad