Confirmed with Link: [VAN/PIT] Pedan and 2018 4th round pick for Derrick Pouliot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
It totally is...all we can do is speculate..You're taking the complete negative viewpoint on him (I wouldn't expect any less from you) that he won't work out to anything...I think ,given the opportunity to succeed,in the right environment..some players will surprise you..His value should exceed a 4th rounder if he can even become an NHL player in any shape or form.

Of course he's going out of his way to be negative. It suits his narrative that could be expressed in the Benning thread where it belongs. These guys ruin every single thread.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Of course he's going out of his way to be negative. It suits his narrative that could be expressed in the Benning thread where it belongs. These guys ruin every single thread.

Dude, if you can’t handle differing opinions then maybe this board isn’t the best place for you. Cause seriously you have posted some strangely angry stuff over the last few pages.

Maybe take a break and try coming back refreshed?

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Dude, if you can’t handle differing opinions then maybe this board isn’t the best place for you. Cause seriously you have posted some strangely angry stuff over the last few pages.

Maybe take a break and try coming back refreshed?

I apologize for the one angry outburst but like I said your negative pitchfork attitude of every single event could just stay in the Benning thread. You're like a broken record. Something happens, Canafan is on the internet working to stat pick to show how stupid it is. It's so tiresome. Some of us actually want to discuss the player, the trade, and the Canucks instead of bleeding picks mantra, and our players are guaranteed to fail mantras, and crap like that.

I'll glady take a break though. You post too much.

Have at er buddy!

Reactions: Nomobo

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
It totally is...all we can do is speculate..You're taking the complete negative viewpoint on him (I wouldn't expect any less from you) that he won't work out to anything...I think ,given the opportunity to succeed,in the right environment..some players will surprise you..His value should exceed a 4th rounder if he can even become an NHL player in any shape or form.

He's entering his Draft +6 season and still couldn't crack his team's lineup. He was about to be waived. He regressed in the AHL last year. Yeah there isn't much there to get excited about. The typical people who support everything Benning does have no problem with this trade, but anyone who actually looks at this player for what he is will say that we lost giving up a 4th round pick for him.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Because if Pedan or the 4th turn out well it blows the value of Pouliot out of the water too. The hypothetical best-case-scenario will always “blow the value out of the water”. It’s not a useful argument for or against the deal. Just like saying if Petrus Palmu turns into an NHLer it will be a steal of a pick. Like, uh, thanks for the great contribution.[/QUOT

Well, we know what Pedan is: a player who had trouble cracking The Utica lineup. The 4th rounder has very little chance of ever being a NHL player. Best case scenario for Pouliot is if he becomes a top pairing type of guy, not counting on that but he could very well turn out to be a very serviceable 3-4-5 defender. He of course could wash out too in which case it wouldn't be a huge loss.
I'm hoping you get it now. Don't get mad, read.

Because if Pedan or the 4th turn out well it blows the value of Pouliot out of the water too. The hypothetical best-case-scenario will always “blow the value out of the water”. It’s not a useful argument for or against the deal. Just like saying if Petrus Palmu turns into an NHLer it will be a steal of a pick. Like, uh, thanks for the great contribution.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I apologize for the one angry outburst but like I said your negative pitchfork attitude of every single event could just stay in the Benning thread. You're like a broken record. Something happens, Canafan is on the internet working to stat pick to show how stupid it is. It's so tiresome. Some of us actually want to discuss the player, the trade, and the Canucks instead of bleeding picks mantra, and our players are guaranteed to fail mantras, and crap like that.

I'll glady take a break though. You post too much.

Have at er buddy!

I do discuss the player, the trade, etc. What you call “negative” is just an opinion that you can’t handle. That’s not on me. You’re the one who is focusing on me and my opinions. I never tell you not to be so positive or whatever, even if I disagree with your opinions.

That’s how it works here and you really need to find better ways to deal with your anger at me. Getting sidetracked with me and my posting style is not the point of this board.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Quote-ception!
Because if Pedan or the 4th turn out well it blows the value of Pouliot out of the water too. The hypothetical best-case-scenario will always “blow the value out of the water”. It’s not a useful argument for or against the deal. Just like saying if Petrus Palmu turns into an NHLer it will be a steal of a pick. Like, uh, thanks for the great contribution.

... Sorry.

Reactions: Verviticus

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

when benning stops ruining the team i'll stop ruining your precious view

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
He's entering his Draft +6 season and still couldn't crack his team's lineup. He was about to be waived. He regressed in the AHL last year. Yeah there isn't much there to get excited about. The typical people who support everything Benning does have no problem with this trade, but anyone who actually looks at this player for what he is will say that we lost giving up a 4th round pick for him.
We're all very aware the struggles that Pouliot has gone through..nobody is getting 'excited' about anything..Its a 27 year AHL tweener that was traded for a player that has struggled to develop (the key to any reclamation here,is that he has a history with Green) in the NHL..He was almost untouchable a few years back,but has a high pedigree (I know everyone hates that word)..hence the 4th.

I don't think Rutherford would have let him go for nothing on the waiver wire.

The 'typical' people don't like everything Benning does ,your reverse views are just as 'typical' .....In fact,your posts are entirely predictable.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Damnit, anyone got a bandaid? I think I cut myself on the edginess.
He's right whether that's phrased like a complaint or not, though. If the circumstances surrounding the team are negative and the decisions made that created that negativity consistently poor, why would you expect that to not continue to be acknowledged as it re-occurs? Every new action is assessed by posters, so if it continues to be negative, why would anyone be expected to shy away from that? If anything, you'd be demanding that posts not be an accurate reflection of what they think is happening.

"I'm sick of hearing the type of thing that you tend to think over and over again, because we can be talking about other things" is not a substantial argument of any kind. It's simply a consistent disagreement that you need to have thicker skin about hearing.

On the flip-side, when we were dominating the league in the 2011 regular season, would it be reasonable to say to someone "Alright, alright, enough-- I'm sick of hearing you praise Kesler, Burrows, and the Twins every game like a mantra-- We get it! You think they're good! Let's move onto to other things!"

It doesn't make any sense.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
We're all very aware the struggles that Pouliot has gone through..nobody is getting 'excited' about anything..Its a 27 year AHL tweener that was traded for a player that has struggled to develop (the key to any reclamation here,is that he has a history with Green) in the NHL..He was almost untouchable a few years back,but has a high pedigree (I know everyone hates that word)..hence the 4th.

I don't think Rutherford would have let him go for nothing on the waiver wire.

The 'typical' people don't like everything Benning does ,your reverse views are just as 'typical' .....In fact,your posts are entirely predictable.

How old do you think Pedan is?

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
He's right whether that's phrased like a complaint or not, though. If the circumstances surrounding the team are negative and the decisions made that created that negativity consistently poor, why would you expect that to not continue to be acknowledged as it re-occurs? Every new action is assessed by posters, so if it continues to be negative, why would anyone be expected to shy away from that? If anything, you'd be demanding that posts not be an accurate reflection of what they think is happening.

"I'm sick of hearing the type of thing that you tend to think over and over again, because we can be talking about other things" is not a substantial argument of any kind.

On the flip-side, when we were dominating the league in the 2011 regular season, would it be reasonable to say to someone "Alright, alright, enough-- I'm sick of hearing you praise Kesler, Burrows, and the Twins every game like a mantra-- We get it! You think they're good! Let's move onto to other things!"

It doesn't make any sense.
I'm really not sure why you're replying to me? I haven't made any comments about filtering out negativity or anything. Personally, I've just kind of accepted that's how HFB is because of a few of the regulars here.

Did you accidentally click on reply or something?

edit: That said, I do kind of find it amusing that any time someone does complain about negativity, you appear out of the ether and make a super long-winded post arguing for people to be allowed to be negative. :laugh:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'm really not sure why you're replying to me? I haven't made any comments about filtering out negativity or anything. Personally, I've just kind of accepted that's how HFB is because of a few of the regulars here.

Did you accidentally click on reply or something?
I'm replying to you to say that the sentiment that you scoffed at is correct in principle. It doesn't matter whether or not it references something that you did or not, nor was I accusing you of it. I'm just talking about the general reasoning of something.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
I'm replying to you to say that the sentiment that you scoffed at is correct in principle. It doesn't matter whether or not it references something that you did or not. I'm just talking about the general reasoning of something.
Uh. Can you run that back through Google Translate a few times?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Uh. Can you run that back through Google Translate a few times?
Person A: Complains about X.
Person B: Suggests that X is perfectly reasonable given the circumstance.
Person C (You): Makes fun of Person B for whining about the circumstance.
Person D (Me): To be fair, he's right that X is reasonable given the circumstance.
Person C: Why are you responding to me? I didn't complain about X. <-- this doesn't make sense. Responding to you doesn't imply that you did.

Get it?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Damnit, anyone got a bandaid? I think I cut myself on the edginess.

how is that edgy? when benning leaves or finally gets tarred/feathered or whatever, our good friend nick wont have to deal with people criticizing his father or uncle or whatever

did you learn a new internet insult recently

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
edit: That said, I do kind of find it amusing that any time someone does complain about negativity, you appear out of the ether and make a super long-winded post arguing for people to be allowed to be negative. :laugh:
It's a legitimately worthy cause, IMO. Somebody has to defend it.

member 290103

This trade reminds me so much of the Linden Vey trade. Coach with input to Benning on former player that had junior success, but can't find a spot with his current NHL team. At least they did not give up a 2nd for him. Pedan was basically worthless. Expect Pouliot to amount to zilch. 4th will be wasted. Benning's improving though, 4 years ago he'd have dealt a 2nd for this player.

Props to Benning. :)

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
This trade reminds me so much of the Linden Vey trade. Coach with input to Benning on former player that had junior success, but can't find a spot with his current NHL team. At least they did not give up a 2nd for him. Pedan was basically worthless. Expect Pouliot to amount to zilch. 4th will be wasted. Benning's improving though, 4 years ago he'd have dealt a 2nd for this player.

Props to Benning. :)

If there’s a positive angle to this move I suppose that’s it. That’s something, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad