Confirmed with Link: [VAN/PIT] Mark Friedman and Ty Glover for Jack Rathbone and Karel Plasek

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I only mention it because Ruhwedel plays a kind of hockey I despise and I think less of people for championing it.

What Sullivan does or doesn’t do is his own problem.
No one’s championing it…except maybe Sullivan lol…some of us are just saying he’s fine for your 6th or 7th D man who’s getting minimal time because your top two RDs are very dynamic and the opposite of him..I do think he’s a better defender than Friedman and that’s why he plays, plus he doesn’t take as many penalties…I’d love it if one of the young guys supplant him but they’re not going to get a chance under Sullivan unless he’s injured or his play really tails off…I’m fine if they pick up someone else who plays more inspired hockey than him but it’s fine if they don’t, as long as his play doesn’t drop off like it did last season…he actively helps the team right now by shot blocking and defending, which is something you can’t say about Carter lol

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
That doesn't instill me with a lot of hope that this is going to work out. That's not to say I had high expectations to begin with, but maybe this helps Wilkes-Barre more than Pittsburgh.

this is much more likely for Wilkes-Barre; a lottery ticket type chance of an NHL shot.

I think Rathbone would be better as a forward than a defenseman. smooth skater, great offensive instincts. gets rattled under pressure, isn't physical, undersized leading to terrible defense... he's as bad on d as he is as good on offense.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Nah Cole was way better aside from taking penalties

Yes, Cole was much better than Rutta even with being assigned penalties.

The game managers have to manage the games, you know. They must ensure that the other team gets their "share" of power plays.

Since the Penguins almost never do anything of a physical nature to their opponents, the game managers have to resort to calling all of the ticky-tack stuff against the Pens -- unless a player (Cole, Friedman, etc.) actually does come into contact with another player occasionally, in which case the game managers can use some of those plays -- no matter how clean they are -- to fill (or add to) their "quota" of Penguin penalties.

Because so very few Penguins in recent years have played that way, they stick out like a sore thumb. That's why players like DOC and Acciari, who have been (or would be) physical players on some other team, have to play very carefully here or they get into Coach p***y's doghouse. As I've said before: if Sully doesn't neuter you, the refs will.

Reactions: Farnham4top6

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
No surprise. I don’t really know why he was ever given an ELC? His numbers were always very mediocre. Hopefully he can turn it around in Czechia. I don’t think he was even good enough to play for Wheeling, IMO.
Yeah, I'm guessing he was included to keep rosters balanced so that Vancouver didn't hit the max of 50 contracts or something.

Pens have other players they want on the ice in Wheeling.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Parting ways with Plasek should be positive, right? Think we are pretty close the contract limit. And this trade now opens up a slot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad