Confirmed with Link: [VAN/OTT] Canucks trade D Patrick Mullen for F Jeff Costello

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
19c35oidyf35igif.gif

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Smart move by Gillis.
Frees up a contract spot, and I like Costello's chances of making our 4th line one day much more than Mullen's chance of ever playing in Vancouver.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'm honestly curious to know how these deals even happen? Not saying it's stupid, but do you just email the league saying you're looking to free up a contract spot for a AHL player?

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Sources tell me this guy could be the next Macgregor Sharp! :amazed:

Sharp was Garrison's and Raymond's teammate at UMD, FWIW (very little).

And in that vein of useless trivia, Gostisbehere went to the same boarding school in Connecticut that I did, after I was kicked out of military school :shakehead

Wetcoaster

Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer
If the #Canucks can only now acquire a player named Abbott my day will be complete.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
I just don't get why everyone is down on Costello. I think he's a good add for the Canucks system.

Not sure what Vancouver's greatest needs are but if they include a tough-as-nails power forward/grinder, then Costello fits the bill. If you're expecting Costello to be a 50-goal scorer, then you're going to be disappointed.

Will he play in the NHL? Maybe. If he does, he'll need some time in the AHL to get acclimated to the pace of the pro game before he can get there.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Clears a slot for the deadline, and we dump a prospect that was going nowhere in our system. If he turns out to be a player it's just gravy.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Mullen is maybe the worst player in the organization. Makes Sauve look like a friggin all star. I've watched Utica all season and Mullen is a total embarrassment. Tiny and plays tiny. Extremely slow and prone to terrible turnovers. Was suppose to run the power play but became the main cause why the Comets power play is one of the worst in the AHL. I've never seen a player move the puck from the goal line to his blue line slower.

Hopefully means that Tommernes is back and Andersson isn't too badly hurt.

Don't know Costello but if he can take a decent check without getting knocked on his can we win this one. Unbelieveable that any one would trade for Mullen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad