Proposal: [VAN/NYR]

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yeah. I'm hoping he gets an opportunity with Blackwell or Chytil when he comes back, instead of being buried on the fourth line. Even Strome would be good for him. Basically anyone but Howden, lol.

First line should be
Kakko - Kravtsov - Panarin

second
Kreider - Zib - _____ (sell high on Buch, so Barron)

third
Laf - Chytil - Gauthier

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
First line should be

second

third
Laf - Chytil - Gauthier

not sure why you don’t realize that Kravtsov and Barron are being placed in positions they don’t play. You may see them at years end but they are not being rushed

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
not sure why you don’t realize that Kravtsov and Barron are being placed in positions they don’t play. You may see them at years end but they are not being rushed

Kravtsov has played pivot at a high level of international competition. Read somewhere [apparently was comfortable enough to volunteer] he could do C if they wanted. He has most of Kreider's physical gifts to somewhat smaller degree, but has improved lateral skating, vision, passing, and more accurate shot --- all of which would make him a great C, esp w/a dominant W in KK and a finisher in breadman.

Barron also has experience at C.

I doubt Zib will give us sweetheart deal on final big contract we can't afford, so he will do sign and trade IMO for futures.

Krav + Chytil + Barron I project as our top 3 Cs

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Leafs castaway. He's worst than Virtanen. He does not have his speed, he does not have shooting skills, he have not come close to 20 goals at any point in his career. he is literally a career 13th forward meanwhile virtanen is still willing to fight whoever cheap shots in teammates at any given point.

sorry you are thinking on wrong Gauthier, Fred from Leafs is different guy, with 'yotes system now

Julien is big and fast former 1st rounder, Canes moved him last season to NYR for Keane, then a rookie AHL All-Star RHD

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
First line should be

second

third
Laf - Chytil - Gauthier

With his 23 points in the KHL this year you feel comfortable moving his position and making your first line center next year lol? Even if he’s comfortable moving two center that’s insane. Or was this 2+ years away?

If I was to make a guess i think the rangers get another center in the next two years. I also think Kravtsov may be part of the deal that helps them land one. Total speculation though.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
sorry you are thinking on wrong Gauthier, Fred from Leafs is different guy, with 'yotes system now

Julien is big and fast former 1st rounder, Canes moved him last season to NYR for Keane, then a rookie AHL All-Star RHD

Speaking of Keane he’s looking awesome again with 7 assists and +5 through 8 games. The kid is very good and deserves a shot in the NHL. Sucks he’s in a tough spot in Carolina.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
With his 23 points in the KHL this year you feel comfortable moving his position and making your first line center next year lol? Even if he’s comfortable moving two center that’s insane. Or was this 2+ years away?

If I was to make a guess i think the rangers get another center in the next two years. I also think Kravtsov may be part of the deal that helps them land one. Total speculation though.

Krav has the hands, vision, skating and passing to be a great C.
foolish to not give him full look there
foolish to not exhaust if Krav as an internal option is not our best option

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
believe he had prior pivot experience; bottom line is he is comfortable and competent + there.

another time for my projections -- feel free to take on extra rope
He has exactly 0 games at C since that tourney so what experience are you speaking of? Pee wee?

Just admit you have no idea if he's comfortable and capable. You just want it to be so.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Krav has the hands, vision, skating and passing to be a great C.
foolish to not give him full look there
foolish to not exhaust if Krav as an internal option is not our best option

I am by no means saying they shouldn’t give him a shot. I am saying it’s crazy to move him to your number 1 center next year. Even the year after that. He was also TSN’s number 1 rated team affiliated prospect 2 years ago and now he turns 22 this year and had 23 points in 48 games in the KHL. He’s had some nice goals and sick moves. I know he’s talented. I’m just not sure he’s gonna be the guy to center your first line. To be honest I think if they sign Zib to his next contract he should certainly be manning the top line. Unless, the make a trade for a guy like Eichel.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He has exactly 0 games at C since that tourney so what experience are you speaking of? Pee wee?

Just admit you have no idea if he's comfortable and capable. You just want it to be so.

I admit nothing to your self serving narrative.
The fact is he OFFERED to play C.
He would not have done that if he couldn't possibly handle it which is what your closed mind would have us believe,

We have been/are overbooked there atm for current players.
Guys like Kravtsov + Barron have to be upgrades at that position for Strome + Howden

It's not rocket science.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I am by no means saying they shouldn’t give him a shot. I am saying it’s crazy to move him to your number 1 center next year. Even the year after that. He was also TSN’s number 1 rated team affiliated prospect 2 years ago and now he turns 22 this year and had 23 points in 48 games in the KHL. He’s had some nice goals and sick moves. I know he’s talented. I’m just not sure he’s gonna be the guy to center your first line. To be honest I think if they sign Zib to his next contract he should certainly be manning the top line. Unless, the make a trade for a guy like Eichel.

Appreciate the honest and constructive feedback.

It is not if guy is #1 or #2 or whatev designation.

It is who does he line up w.

Like I said, w/breadman keeping an eye and running the show, that line has dominant beast factor driver of play in KK, and Panarin as finishing scorer
If they listen to me and try THAT line, it will work.

Zib is not gonna sign at a modest raise w/us, and even if he did, in a hard cap league, we need to try and upgrade if is gonna be in the 8m ish range esp since we are locked into Trouba for 3ish yrs

Zib 8 yrs at 7.25 min or thereabouts but immediately no NMC, limited NTC.

as I explained Krav is best fit w/our top line.
While Kreider + Zib are first line material I consider them second line to breadman, kk and Krav

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I admit nothing to your self serving narrative.
The fact is he OFFERED to play C.
He would not have done that if he couldn't possibly handle it which is what your closed mind would have us believe,

We have been/are overbooked there atm for current players.
Guys like Kravtsov + Barron have to be upgrades at that position for Strome + Howden

It's not rocket science.
If you were a forward prospect of any NHL team, you'd offer to play any forward position to make the show. Ridiculous statement on your behalf.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
One doghouse member costs 833,333 the other 2.55 mil.
upload_2021-2-27_15-22-16.gif

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Appreciate the honest and constructive feedback.

It is not if guy is #1 or #2 or whatev designation.

It is who does he line up w.

Like I said, w/breadman keeping an eye and running the show, that line has dominant beast factor driver of play in KK, and Panarin as finishing scorer
If they listen to me and try THAT line, it will work.

Zib is not gonna sign at a modest raise w/us, and even if he did, in a hard cap league, we need to try and upgrade if is gonna be in the 8m ish range esp since we are locked into Trouba for 3ish yrs

Zib 8 yrs at 7.25 min or thereabouts but immediately no NMC, limited NTC.

as I explained Krav is best fit w/our top line.
While Kreider + Zib are first line material I consider them second line to breadman, kk and Krav

thank makes sense for sure. That line of Kk, Krav and Panarin could be pretty sick

Reactions: bernmeister

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Zero reason for the Rangers to do this.

I’m not picking up salary for Virtanen.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gauthier could be pretty good if Quinn would stop benching him for being mediocre defensively. Why doesn’t he bench Howden or Hajek for being mediocre defensively?

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Poor Virtanen, even if he's not living up to his draft position its impossible to come out intact out of the clusterf*** that is the Canucks bottom 6.

Any team that gets him and puts him in a position to succeed probably gets a solid player out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad