EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
:nucks
Julien Gauthier

:rangers
Jake Virtanen

They’re very similar players, prototypical power forwards with excellent skating ability, both are in their coaches doghouse and seem to be going nowhere with their organization. Both have 1pt this season. Jake has had more production at the NHL level but seems to be regressing, Julien has had very consistent production at the AHL level. Julien is younger.

Jake carries a higher draft pedigree but also brings some character/off-ice issues. Julien is sort of the opposite in that regard as he has obsessed with training and is one of the most jacked guys in the league. I think Jake would improve a lot if he was forced to move away from all his childhood friends and go to a different environment where he has to grow up.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
:nucks
Julien Gauthier

:rangers
Jake Virtanen

They’re very similar players, prototypical power forwards with excellent skating ability, both are in their coaches doghouse and seem to be going nowhere with their organization. Both have 1pt this season. Jake has had more production at the NHL level but seems to be regressing, Julien has had very consistent production at the AHL level. Julien is younger.

Jake carries a higher draft pedigree but also brings some character/off-ice issues. Julien is sort of the opposite in that regard as he has obsessed with training and is one of the most jacked guys in the league. I think Jake would improve a lot if he was forced to move away from all his childhood friends and go to a different environment where he has to grow up.

Sorry EJ
open to discuss what if anything makes sense re Vat to NY

but no Gauthier has legit upside needs good linemates

Reactions: Zats Muccarello

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Jake looked a lot better last night, could’ve had a couple goals. Amazing what can happen when a player gets away from the shit at the bottom of the Canucks’ roster. But at $2.5M next year, just dumping his contract might be a win. That said, I’d like to see what he can do playing for a new coach with a new GM which is only a matter of time.

Reactions: Love and bh53

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Reading Gauthier's scouting report he sounds a bit like Virtanen, minus the "power forward" label.

Then again, why not? I'd be down for it. Big winger with speed (albeit with some defensive deficiencies)

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Nucks fan says yes . . I don’t know jack shit about Gauthier but still yes

Leafs castaway. He's worst than Virtanen. He does not have his speed, he does not have shooting skills, he have not come close to 20 goals at any point in his career. he is literally a career 13th forward meanwhile virtanen is still willing to fight whoever cheap shots in teammates at any given point.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Leafs castaway. He's worst than Virtanen. He does not have his speed, he does not have shooting skills, he have not come close to 20 goals at any point in his career. he is literally a career 13th forward meanwhile virtanen is still willing to fight whoever cheap shots in teammates at any given point.
Leafs? Lol
If your first knock on him is his speed you’ve clearly never watched him

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

We got our guy from Canes for a good RD prospect.

I could be wrong but believe Leafs have/had his brother.

ps our guy looked good on his tally tonight!

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
We got our guy from Canes for a good RD prospect.

I could be wrong but believe Leafs have/had his brother.

ps our guy looked good on his tally tonight!

They're not brothers, and no go on this trade. Gauthier tonight showed more usage of his size on his goal than Virtanen has his entire career.

Reactions: bernmeister

lawrence

May 19, 2012
He is thinking of Frederik Gauthier...embarrassing.

Imagine coming in with that much heat and you are not even talking about the right player.

imagine wanting Jake Virtanen. then again, OP actually does watch the Canucks unlike some wannabe know it all fan that doesn't watch the Canucks and talk like they know our team inside out. My bad for getting the wrong guy, lol.

Reactions: Ignite111

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->