Proposal: VAN / NSH

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’d do this as a Nashville fan if there is nothing else on the table for subban. It’s a good draft.

Even if there was something else on the table, this is a very fair offer with no retention on Subban.

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Even if there was something else on the table, this is a very fair offer with no retention on Subban.
Yeah I know that, but Im not sold on virtanen and I think Stetcher is little more than a 6th dman who we’d probably give the spot to someone like carrier. Virtanen to me will be another hogdson situation, not a ribeiro one

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah I know that, but Im not sold on virtanen and I think Stetcher is little more than a 6th dman who we’d probably give the spot to someone like carrier. Virtanen to me will be another hogdson situation, not a ribeiro one

I'd peg him more as Tom Wilson without the dangerous, stupid plays. He'll never be a big scorer, but he could very well be a 40-50 point physical presence. With the 10a as insurance, especially in this draft, I'd take it. Plus Nashville clears a boatload of salary.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
No way, Subbans overrated. Wouldnt want him for any picks ESPECIALLY a top 10 pick :shakehead

Reactions: Thorvat

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Canucks are not trading the 10th OA Pick for a 30 year old dman. Not to mention Stetcher who’s been one of our best dmen and our only consistent playing RHD and Virtanen who’s still developing his game and improving each year.

Not to mention a 9 million dollar cap hit and a player who hasn’t been at the top of his game this season. Easy pass.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Benning on record saying they arent trading any picks this year as the draft is in Van.

10th OA is not available unless its packaged to move up in the draft.

I'd counter with

Virtanen
2020 1st rnd pick top 5 protected.
Hutton

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle

I know NSH's D is loaded, but Stecher is a lot more than a 6th Dman.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Ew, I've seen enough of Subban to know I don't want him being the face of our D-core for the next three years. Especially at the cost of this years pick, which you'll have to rip out of Jimbo's cold, dead hands first.

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Benning on record saying they arent trading any picks this year as the draft is in Van.

10th OA is not available unless its packaged to move up in the draft.

I'd counter with

Virtanen
2020 1st rnd pick top 5 protected.
Hutton
Hutton is worse than both fabbro and carrier. No thanks.

Feb 24, 2017
Yeah. This is a leaf guy here saying Vancouver package is worthy of more than Subban. Stecher at what he makes vs Subban at what he does is argument enough before even considering Virtanen and a TOP TEN.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I think drafting at 10 and with no shot at jack Hughes if the canucks could get a big marketable name (ala subban) they will consider it a lot more than what’s being let on.

I wouldn’t do it because I think we need more young talent and more draft picks but that’s me.

And we know benning has lied to the media and fans before

Hutton is a top 4 dman and fabbro just finished college; while fabbro has the ability to be better let’s not overrate him right now.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Hamhuis won’t play next year and Hutton is definitely not better than carrier. Carrier has higher upside, have you actually ever seen him play?

Yes I've seen AC play. And why are you talking upside ? Nashville needs to win asap...they dont have time to wait for AC to reach his upside ..if he even gets there...

Hutton already a top 4. Top 6 w. Nashville which would be even better

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Yes I've seen AC play. And why are you talking upside ? Nashville needs to win asap...they dont have time to wait for AC to reach his upside ..if he even gets there...

Hutton already a top 4. Top 6 w. Nashville which would be even better

If Nashville needs to win ASAP then why would we trade Subban for a pick and a bottom 6 forward and defensive downgrade?

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Canucks would love Subban but the 10th pick is not available. Would Stecher and Virtanen as a base be enough with an add? That's about the best we can offer at the moment. Were just not in a position to be trading a top prospect for a 30 year old player at moment. Im sure Preds can get a better deal somewhere else. However if there is lack of suitors because of his contract call Vancouver we'd be happy to get him at a lower return!

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
If Nashville needs to win ASAP then why would we trade Subban for a pick and a bottom 6 forward and defensive downgrade?

If you don't understand how freeing up 9 mil in cap space from a position of strength and getting tradable assets would help the Preds then I cant help you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad