Proposal: Van - Mtl

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Danault, Kotkaniemie, Domi, and Peca... would Gaudette really beat out any of those guys on Montreal?

I mean I like Gaudette but after his initial pro-start and first training camp I'd think we need to dial back the expectations a bit until he shows something at the pro level.
What?? Gaudette has improved every single game and looks NHL ready. Only reason he was sent down was because he didn’t have to go through waivers and everyone else did. Gaudette would beat out Peca without a doubt :laugh:

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
What?? Gaudette has improved every single game and looks NHL ready. Only reason he was sent down was because he didn’t have to go through waivers and everyone else did. Gaudette would beat out Peca without a doubt :laugh:
He 100% would. I laugh when people say Drouin or Kotkaniemi for him. That's just... lol no! Canucks would have to add.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Poehling doesn’t hold a candle to Gaudette.

Either you don’t know Poehling or you don’t know Gaudette.

Poehling right now at 19 years old is roughly as good as Gaudette is at 22, Poehling will be the far better player.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I get that Canucks fans don't want to give up Gaudette, but statements like these are just ridiculous

Well the Petersson statement, though premature, isn’t too too rediculous. That kid got talent.

Edit: wow, this post turned into a grammatical mess lol. Fixed

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
You don’t know either player apparently

A slightly over 6 foot centreman who is projected who, though lacking the level of skill to be a top line centre, was projected to be a second line centre when he was 19. The skills and talent are there for him to make his team this season but the team realizes that he has some physical maturity that needs to occur (mainly in gaining strength) that he is more likely to gain at his current level rather than the NHL.

Which one am I referring to?

Trick question, it’s both.

Gaudette is a great player but I don’t see him being able to make it as a solid top 6 option, middle 6 for sure but I don’t see him being a top 6. Poehling though is a lot farther along in his development than Gaudette was at the same age (I hate comparing point totals but Gaudette had roughly .73ppg his 18 year at university to .86pph for Poehling). Poehling is also more of a complete player than Gaudette though Gaudette isn’t really lacking in those areas.

I’m not knocking Gaudette or his perceived value, Poehling though is a lot better of a prospect than people realize. People wouldn’t put Gaudette and Mittlestadt in the same tier of prospects but Mittlestadt and Poehling are not far off from each other.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
A slightly over 6 foot centreman who is projected who, though lacking the level of skill to be a top line centre, was projected to be a second line centre when he was 19. The skills and talent are there for him to make his team this season but the team realizes that he has some physical maturity that needs to occur (mainly in gaining strength) that he is more likely to gain at his current level rather than the NHL.

Which one am I referring to?

Trick question, it’s both.

Gaudette is a great player but I don’t see him being able to make it as a solid top 6 option, middle 6 for sure but I don’t see him being a top 6. Poehling though is a lot farther along in his development than Gaudette was at the same age (I hate comparing point totals but Gaudette had roughly .73ppg his 18 year at university to .86pph for Poehling). Poehling is also more of a complete player than Gaudette though Gaudette isn’t really lacking in those areas.

I’m not knocking Gaudette or his perceived value, Poehling though is a lot better of a prospect than people realize. People wouldn’t put Gaudette and Mittlestadt in the same tier of prospects but Mittlestadt and Poehling are not far off from each other.
You said Poehling right now is as good as Gaudette. That is just false.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
You said Poehling right now is as good as Gaudette. That is just false.

I stand by that statement too. If both players were put in the exact same situation, Gaudette would get more points but Poehling would adapt better and demonstrate more rounded skills. That’s not a knock on Gaudette either, it’s just Poehling being underrated.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I stand by that statement too. If both players were put in the exact same situation, Gaudette would get more points but Poehling would adapt better and demonstrate more rounded skills. That’s not a knock on Gaudette either, it’s just Poehling being underrated.
What? I’m a huge Poehling fan; but I really don’t think you’ve seen Gaudette play...he’s incredibly well rounded all that’s missing is that he hasn’t put up big points in the pros yet. Defensively and playmaking wise he’s been great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->