Proposal: Van - Mtl

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
vanvouver : -} Karl Alzner D and scherbak . Montreal :} Loui eriksson and gaudette. Both have 4 years on theirs contract. Eriksson had his best year under claude julien. Alzner is from BC.
Not a chance in hell. Gaudette aint available, unless its for Kotkaniemi then we can begin the discussion

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Montreal shouldn’t do that trade imo. Poehling put up better numbers in college than Mittlestadt despite being younger, he lacks some of Mittlestadt’s skill but makes up for it by being a better two way player. Poehling has a higher ceiling than Gaudette, he’s less likely to get there but at this point it’s not worth risking it from the habs side.
Poehling doesn’t hold a candle to Gaudette.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Kotkaniemi looks real good. I dont where the hate is coming from

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It makes a rough sort of sense if you take Gaudette out of the equation. An overpaid bottom-pairing sort of defenceman, for an overpaid Top-9 sort of winger. But i don't think Scherbak is even enough for it to make sense for Vancouver. He'd be another in an already oversized collection of Canucks wingers who need sheltering and don't have a lot of versatility. Alzner may be cheaper than Eriksson, but it's not by nearly enough to offset the difference, and another Alzner is the last sort of defenceman the Canucks need.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
It makes a rough sort of sense if you take Gaudette out of the equation. An overpaid bottom-pairing sort of defenceman, for an overpaid Top-9 sort of winger. But i don't think Scherbak is even enough for it to make sense for Vancouver. He'd be another in an already oversized collection of Canucks wingers who need sheltering and don't have a lot of versatility. Alzner may be cheaper than Eriksson, but it's not by nearly enough to offset the difference, and another Alzner is the last sort of defenceman the Canucks need.

Eriksson would only take the ice time of a younger and most probably equivalent (now) winger. The extra cap and years would equal the difference between Scherbak and Gaudette imo, but I wouldn't touch it as a habs fan. I understand why you would want to give a try to Gaudette and keep him too. Both teams are rebuilding, I could see a swap of Virtanen vs Sherbak if Virtanen doesn't show any signs of improvement. Other then that, most trade won't make sense because we are both looking for the same things.

Edit : For the Virtanen swap, would mean Sherbak hasn't found is way onto our line up.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Just because your stupid gm took him 3rd overall doesn’t make him a 1st liner.

Just because your too ignorant to research or watch the kid play don't make ridiculous comments like this, remember people said the same crap
about Kopitar, saying LA drafted him too high, look how he turned out, this could easily be similar and no chance in hell Gaudette gets us
anywhere close to getting him.

Reactions: Qwijibo and jfhabs

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Gaudette doesn't have the defensive acumen to beat out Sutter. We're developing him for now. And Gaudette doesn't have the offensive acumen to beat out Pettersson. Whereas Montreal's view on centers is known league wide.
24 games does not make him a better prospect, nor do i think their ceilings are different. They're very similar prospects. Gaudette will be fine. There's no rush.

Danault, Kotkaniemie, Domi, and Peca... would Gaudette really beat out any of those guys on Montreal?

I mean I like Gaudette but after his initial pro-start and first training camp I'd think we need to dial back the expectations a bit until he shows something at the pro level.

Reactions: BabyPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->