Proposal: Van/La

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Pardon me.

Trying to trade an averaged sized 26 year old whose best season is 18 goals, 35 points for a 6'2" 22 year old whose ONLY season is 16 goals, 37 points....can you imagine what would happen if we proposed that in reverse?

We're starving for young talent. Aside from all the bluster about 'poor Sven', I'm waiting to hear how this benefits LA in any way.
Not In the proposal, but from some of the comments. They’re ridiculous. He’s a solid top 9 forward who can play in the top 6.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Pardon me.

Trying to trade an averaged sized 26 year old whose best season is 18 goals, 35 points for a 6'2" 22 year old whose ONLY season is 16 goals, 37 points....can you imagine what would happen if we proposed that in reverse?

We're starving for young talent. Aside from all the bluster about 'poor Sven', I'm waiting to hear how this benefits LA in any way.
I'm not even a Baertschi fan but this is disingenuous. over the past two seasons Baertschi has scored at a ~45/50 point rate mostly at even strength.

I do agree that Kempe is more valuable but you're ignoring context by just citing his career high.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm not even a Baertschi fan but this is disingenuous. over the past two seasons Baertschi has scored at a ~45/50 point rate mostly at even strength.

I do agree that Kempe is more valuable but you're ignoring context by just citing his career high.

Hard for me to debate in good faith when I ask for reasons and all I get is "13 games, 2 points, -5."

He may be an under-the-radar good player but all the talk about underrating Baertschi is coming at the expense of Kempe who apparently no one knows.

Reactions: go4hockey

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Kempe needs something good to happen with this coaching change.

Guy has flashes of brilliance but has been snake bit for half a season.

Potential is there but he needs to take it to the next level sooner than later.
LOL with Willy D at the helm good luck with that. Let me know how Linden Vey is playing when he brings him over from Russia next year

member 88115

LOL with Willy D at the helm good luck with that. Let me know how Linden Vey is playing when he brings him over from Russia next year
Willie is the coach, not the GM. + he has the almighty Thompson at his disposal for that. :huh: LA is already behind the eight ball. If he fails the 1st Round Pick should be great. Its a win, win

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

Dorsett (his concussion just needs more ice time), Bartkowski (not a tiger, but boy did Willie love playing him), Ennis, Lupul, Helm, Barker, Etem, Pitlick, Shinkaruk and Russel are all incoming as well. It was probably a conditional signing as HC based on how many of these moves were made for former Tigers. That's why he couldn't cut it here, not enough Tigers.

Anyway, Baertschi for Kempe? Meh. I'd be happier keeping the monster we know.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Willie is the coach, not the GM. + he has the almighty Thompson at his disposal for that. :huh: LA is already behind the eight ball. If he fails the 1st Round Pick should be great. Its a win, win

There is a term we have called "post knockout winning streak" which Willie was famous for. Literally the game after we were out of contention, he'd rally the troops and see a meteoric climb from dead last in the NHL to like 10th worst. I really hope Kings fans aren't hoping Willie will let a tank happen under his watch. He will just make you bad enough to miss the playoffs.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
From a Canucks fan he had a lot of say in players brought in when he was here- granted our GM is a moron and listened. Either way it's gonna suck to have Hughes or Kakko in LA to play multiple times a year- that's where your team is headed under that bumbling idiot. Just wait for his press conferences and interviews.

Back to the actual trade though, neither team does it I don't think- Kempe is the younger player at the more valuable position. Meanwhile we already have our guy in Gaudette that they would be competing for the same role down the road. For Vancouver this would be dealing from a position of weakness for a position that's currently stronger in the organization.

member 88115

There is a term we have called "post knockout winning streak" which Willie was famous for. Literally the game after we were out of contention, he'd rally the troops and see a meteoric climb from dead last in the NHL to like 10th worst. I really hope Kings fans aren't hoping Willie will let a tank happen under his watch. He will just make you bad enough to miss the playoffs.
:thumbu: If LA players don't like the coach and are out of contention, their is no way he is rallying this group to land in the 10th position

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
It would surprise me. The way the Kings beat writer keeps dropping hints about Sturm. It's more likely his to lose.
Either way have fun with the moron this year then. I'll let this thread get back to the actual trade, but I will say I am definitely going to actually read the complaints about this idiot on the Kings board down the line here.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Kempe has a lot of tools, but has yet to carve out any kind of identity as a player. Usually that occurs prior to this stage of development, so while he could very well be caught up in the doldrums that are my beloved LA Kings, he could also just be the tweener that folks were concerned he might be during his predraft reports.

He is the "type" of player the Kings need to keep, but he isn't untouchable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad