Proposal: Van-Dal

Nucks for the Cup

Jul 28, 2011
Vancouver
Alright so Khudobin has been playing lights out this playoffs and Dallas apparently wants to resign him and move Bishop if possible. I don't think they could sign Khudobin to the contract that he would want after these playoffs and be able to sign Faska, Hintz and Gurionov and keep Bishop. Now from the Vancouver side I think Markstrom has priced himself out of what Vancouver can afford to pay him and what he deserves. Demo obviously played amazing in those 3 games but its just 3 games and during the year was average with the odd great game and right now is better suited for a 1A/1B situation so heres what I propose

Vancouver:
Loui Eriksson-1 million retained
2nd rounder 2021

Dallas:
Ben Bishop

Salaries basically cancel out with the retention, Loui gets to finish his career back with the Stars and they don't need to burn an asset to get rid of Bishop and his three years and they can turn around and use the 2nd to get rid of Comeau/Cogliano/Johns to help them with the cap next year. Canucks get a guy who had a down year and has become an injury concern but hopefully is able to turn it around for the year. If Demko plays well and looks like he could possibly handle the full workload next year and Bishop also plays good then hopefully Seattle takes Bishop to be their #1 and Canucks have ample cap room to sign both Hughes and Pettersson to their massive extensions

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Would we not have to protect Bishop in the ED? Or am I reading his contract wrong?

Regardless, this isn't a trade even worth considering as far as I'm concerned. Why would we not save any cap space, AND take on an extra year, AND give up a second to do so?

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
So Canucks get a top 5 goalie for Louie? Sign me up please

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Hard pass from Dallas. Why would we essentially trade Bishop for a 12th/13th forward and a 2nd pick?

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Would we not have to protect Bishop in the ED? Or am I reading his contract wrong?

Regardless, this isn't a trade even worth considering as far as I'm concerned. Why would we not save any cap space, AND take on an extra year, AND give up a second to do so?
How about getting a player that's really good while ridding yourself of one that is awful?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Hard pass from Dallas. Why would we essentially trade Bishop for a 12th/13th forward and a 2nd pick?
Eriksson is a 12/13 forward on a non playoffs team like Detroit or Toronto. On Vancouver he was a 15. On Dallas he would be a 17 roughly

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
This makes zero sense from either side. I mean, Vancouver would take it just to flip Bishop somewhere for anything at all and come out ahead, but the deal as it stands it just pointless for them. For Dallas...I really don't know what you're thinking from their end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad