Confirmed with Link: [VAN/DAL] Canucks acquire C Derek Roy for D Kevin Connauton, 2nd Round Draft Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
With the two reporters behind him Roy looks like he's about as big as a circus midget. I'm excited to see him play but gosh he looks small.

The good thing about Roy is that he's really built for his size and he has a pretty wide frame. He's listed at 184lbs while a guy like Raymond is 3 inches taller and 1lb heavier.

TheDiver*

The good thing about Roy is that he's really built for his size and he has a pretty wide frame. He's listed at 184lbs while a guy like Raymond is 3 inches taller and 1lb heavier.

Jeez.

Compare that to other players in he 5'7-5'8 range...

Gionta -175
St. Louis- 180
Briere-179
Schroeder- 175

He works out with trainer Derek Obermeyer in the summers at The Zone hockey training centre with David Clarkson, Gregory Campbell and other NHL guys.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
hope a.v can run/gun a bit once kesler comes back. roy+others can take the defensive loads. and chip in the odd goal here and there. let hank/kesler run the offense. higgins/roy/hansen are capable of playing shutdown hockey if needed.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
hope a.v can run/gun a bit once kesler comes back. roy+others can take the defensive loads. and chip in the odd goal here and there. let hank/kesler run the offense. higgins/roy/hansen are capable of playing shutdown hockey if needed.

They can play shutdown hockey by pinning the other line in their own zone.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006

Nah, let Kesler face off against the other teams best. That's a matchup he can win or at least match most guys in the league.

Then let Roy and Henrik eat the other team alive while Kesler pots PP goals like crazy.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He didn't sound too open to discussing resigning here. I guess it'll take some time to get settled.

I wouldn't either. He hasn't seen how this team is run on the inside yet, so I wouldn't want to be talking about an extension when I know nothing about the organization, players, coaches etc yet. Hopefully he finds a groove here and we can re-sign him at a reasonable deal.

Nov 1, 2011
The canucks potentially have three solid scoring lines. Could come at teams in waves. Skill and speed. Love it.

Yep, time to get back to our speed game.

When healthy:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Booth - Roy - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Lapierre/Wiese

Obviously based on composition, the Kesler line draws top lines.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Sedin Sedin Clowe
Higgins Kesler Burrows
Booth Roy Kassian
Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Imagine if we got Clowe :(

I'm pretty sure that Lapierre will be the 4th line Centre and that Raymond or Hansen would be on the third line before Kassian.

Having said that and looking at that forward group, I'm actually pretty comfortable with the players we have as long as they can get going and the Sedins start to play better.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
So the Canucks did completely the reverse of last years deadline. Acquired a skilled forward for our third line centre.

I'm happy. This team needs to get back to playing up tempo hockey.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
He didn't sound too open to discussing resigning here. I guess it'll take some time to get settled.

I really don't see us re-signing him..... but I said that about Higgins the summer after we traded for him too.

Roy is almost thirty and is going to want to hit a home run at this point. He also said yesterday that he found it a lot tougher putting up points in the west over the east. Not that that would be a major contributing factor in him making a decision, but a factor none the less.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I'm not going to write off the possibility of Roy resigning here. Gillis has a habit of getting guys at the deadline who suddenly want to stay.

For the first time, I'd actually be open to seeing Kesler move back to the wing if Roy is his Centre. Roy has pretty good vision and is a good playmaker... not super fantastic, but he and Kesler together may be worth a look for a few games.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I'm not going to write off the possibility of Roy resigning here. Gillis has a habit of getting guys at the deadline who suddenly want to stay.

For the first time, I'd actually be open to seeing Kesler move back to the wing if Roy is his Centre. Roy has pretty good vision and is a good playmaker... not super fantastic, but he and Kesler together may be worth a look for a few games.

Gillis has been able to do it with the Canucks being a top team in the league.

I'm not sure they are now.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Whether Gillis re-signs Roy is going to be part of a lot of tough decisions for Gillis this summer. Probably his toughest summer since he became GM and in many ways will define his tenure. Number one priority is to move Luongo for whatever he can get. Needs to decide on Booth and Ballard. Needs to decide on Raymond. Then throw Roy into the mix if he is open to signing at a reasonable rate. One heck of a busy summer! And all with the cap going down.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
D*****bag swag for all!

tumblr_m32gratWHz1qbjavko1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad