GDT: Van city @ Peggers - Tues May 11/21 - 7 PM - TSN3/SNP/TVAS - Say my (nick)name ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
giphy.gif

I ran out of ideas, so today’s thread is a tribute to nicknames for our team players

Jets line up (from last night - subject to change*)
1st line
KFC - Connor
Caribou Legs – Schiefele
Wheels – Wheeler

upload_2021-5-11_7-34-49.png

2nd line
Cop– Copp
Doobie – PLD
4th line Jesus (now 2nd line) minus the facial hair – Perreault

upload_2021-5-11_7-35-37.png

3rd line
Paulie Walnuts – Stastny (congrats Paul on your 1000th NHL game!!)
Lurch – Lowry
Apples - Appleton

upload_2021-5-11_7-36-17.png

4th line
Hawkins – Harkins
Gums – Thompson
Lou - Lewis

upload_2021-5-11_7-37-9.png

Defense and the rest of the GDT on next page

Last edited:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Defense
Moe – Morrissey
Billy the Kid - Heinola
upload_2021-5-11_7-51-51.png

Bert – Forbort
Mello Yello – DeMelo
upload_2021-5-11_7-52-18.png

Tree – Stanley
Big Ben – Benn
upload_2021-5-11_7-52-57.png

Day off (Preventative Maintenance)
Toolman – Poolman
Peeeyonk – Pionk (3D coming at your with that nose)
upload_2021-5-11_7-55-15.png

Goaltenders
Wall – Hellybuyck
Croissant – Brossoit
Bug Eyes – Comrie (congrats on your Masterton award nomination, Mike)

upload_2021-5-11_8-0-24.png

Injured/pressbox

Assorted swear words – Beaulieu
Eels/Fly – Ehlers
Stuart Little – Little
Fabio – Niku
Vaseline - Vesalainen
upload_2021-5-11_8-2-20.png

upload_2021-5-11_8-2-38.png

Our opponents, 20 of these .........

200.gif

To our team, get out there and do something ......

tenor.gif

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-11_7-53-26.png
    upload_2021-5-11_7-53-26.png
    357 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2021-5-11_7-54-38.png
    upload_2021-5-11_7-54-38.png
    299.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
This thread's changed, say my name, nice! Heisenberg pushs the Ford F150 too. :)

As long as we keep playing the right way we have two games to figure this out as long as we work hard in practice... put all the cliches together and voila that's what you get.

We do have the opportunity to rest some players so at least we're taking advantage of that. Though Helly might be in. And Holtby too, not Demko. Good that might help team morale out taking shots on somebody not named Demko. C'mon boys, win one for the gipper, err PoMo, or yourselves, or us or a late Mother's Day present for ps241. :)

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I know that fans want to watch wins, I get that.

However, it's odd that it seems that whether the team is playing well or not is singularly dependent on whether we win or lose.

Especially now, where wins and points mean nothing (and they mean nothing in the players heads for sure) the way the game is played is what really matters. The Jets made a couple of mistakes that ended up in the back of their net, but I thought they played well overall. As frustrated as I was last night that the Jets couldn't find the back of the net they could have easily won that one by 3 goals. That's what encourages me.

For those of you who can't stand the losing and are on the ledge, I recommend skipping the game tonight and playing the reboot of Resident Evil 2. They did a fantastic job on it and it's scary af.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I know that fans want to watch wins, I get that.

However, it's odd that it seems that whether the team is playing well or not is singularly dependent on whether we win or lose.

Especially now, where wins and points mean nothing (and they mean nothing in the players heads for sure) the way the game is played is what really matters. The Jets made a couple of mistakes that ended up in the back of their net, but I thought they played well overall. As frustrated as I was last night that the Jets couldn't find the back of the net they could have easily won that one by 3 goals. That's what encourages me.

We're well past the moral victories at this point. Playing well enough to win when you're in the back end of a nine of 10 losing streak means f*** all to me. This team is incredibly snake bit offensively, when they shouldn't be. None of the other playoff teams have an issue scoring goals. There's something fundamentally wrong with this team and its systems where they can't generate more than two goals per game in the last 10 games. Winning or losing is ancillary to that. Score goals before we can talk about winning hockey games. That's all I care about. Prove you can score goals again.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
We're well past the moral victories at this point. Playing well enough to win when you're in the back end of a nine of 10 losing streak means f*** all to me. This team is incredibly snake bit offensively, when they shouldn't be. None of the other playoff teams have an issue scoring goals. There's something fundamentally wrong with this team and its systems where they can't generate more than two goals per game in the last 10 games. Winning or losing is ancillary to that. Score goals before we can talk about winning hockey games. That's all I care about. Prove you can score goals again.
Who the f cares about 'moral victories'? I didn't coin or ever use that phrase, nor do I subscribe to it at all.

Wins at this point are for the fans and the fans only. Yes, it would be nice to win and build that positive feeling. However, whats actually important at this point is how the team is playing, and whether playing that way is likely to lead to winning. The Jets are starting to generate really good looks and significant offensive zone time again. They have for the past few games, not just the last one, and look to be building on it. A lot of the goals against are one off errors that happen within a game, or just poor goaltending. I'm seeing a lot less of the systemic errors leading to goals against. We will never be defensive world beaters but I believe we are markedly improved there, and that's without Pionk.

I would much rather us have this wake up call now and be forced to work hard at our game than coast to the finish line winning a bunch of games we had no business to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->