Proposal: VAN-CHI

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Because it took a Dach-level prospect to move Lucic, right?

It’s fine if your team doesn’t want Seabrook, but it’s not going to take a Dach-like prospect to move him if the Hawks are taking a nearly equally bad contract back.
Eriksson’s contract is not even close to as bad as Seabrook’s.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
The Canucks are a rival? Chicago is making moves trying to get back into contention for another cup. Vancouver is making moves hoping to get back to mediocre.
Chicago is nowhere near contending for a cup and will not be a good team for a long time.

Jokiharju for Nylander is such an amazing cup contending move :laugh:

Blackhawks fans are delusional.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
That’s fine if it’s your opinion. Running around and calling other people “dummy” for not sharing your opinion is a bad look.

Totally ruling out a team at this point just doesn’t make sense, especially when that team had a top-10 offense last year and dramatically improved its goaltending.

Also, look at the point pace Chicago was on following the coaching change. It was a playoff caliber pace, even with the long losing streak.

I’m not here saying you’re wrong for doubting they will win a Cup, but I think you’re wrong for calling other people “dummy” and for absolutely guaranteeing they won’t win.

Anything can happen, it’s sports.
You brought it on yourself by saying the Canucks would get back to being mediocre. Which you are stating with certainty. You fire shots expect some shots fired in return.

Wouldn't say the hawks are going to be in the contender category this year and I sure as hell want nothing to do with Seabrooks contract.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
You brought it on yourself by saying the Canucks would get back to being mediocre. Which you are stating with certainty. You fire shots expect some shots fired in return.

Wouldn't say the hawks are going to be in the contender category this year and I sure as hell want nothing to do with Seabrooks contract.

I never said shit about the Canucks.

Go back and read, pal. You’re taking shots at the wrong guy.

I almost never make any sports claim with certainty, regardless of whether it’s in favor of my favorite teams.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Eriksson’s contract is not even close to as bad as Seabrook’s.

Show me where I said it is.

This proposal has Chicago taking back Loui’s contract and compensating Vancouver with a 1st. It’s not a one-for-one, and it’s not dumping seabrook on Vancouver.

It’s fine to say the compensation isn’t worth the gap between Loui’s and Seabrook’s contracts, but to say the gap is so large that only a prospect like Dach can close it is extreme.

Also, Loui as a forward outscored the worst contract in the league by one point last year, so let’s not pretend Eriksson is anything but a negative asset at this point.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Close this thread up.

A total wasteland.

For as bad as Seabrook may have declined, I still think he contributes more than a guy like Eriksson.

Vancouver fans are just hoping and praying they can bend the Hawks over, but unfortunately for them, the Hawks just aren’t that desperate to move “the worst contract in the NHL” anymore.

Reactions: gach

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Chicago is nowhere near contending for a cup and will not be a good team for a long time.

A Canucks fan that is comfortable laughing at the Blackhawks.

aw bless your little heart

talk about delusional...

Reactions: pvr

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Show me where I said it is.

This proposal has Chicago taking back Loui’s contract and compensating Vancouver with a 1st. It’s not a one-for-one, and it’s not dumping seabrook on Vancouver.

It’s fine to say the compensation isn’t worth the gap between Loui’s and Seabrook’s contracts, but to say the gap is so large that only a prospect like Dach can close it is extreme.

Also, Loui as a forward outscored the worst contract in the league by one point last year, so let’s not pretend Eriksson is anything but a negative asset at this point.
at the end of your post you called Eriksson’s contract “nearly as bad as Seabrook’s”

Dach is overrated. I guess we will keep Eriksson and you can enjoy Seabrook.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
at the end of your post you called Eriksson’s contract “nearly as bad as Seabrook’s”

That’s fine, I didn’t make the OP.

Also, yes I’m not pretending like Seabrook’s contract is better. Do you think me saying that was some gotcha moment?

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019

Very bad take... hawks are very likely projected as a playoff team, I know u seem pretty hurt by your comments related to fans pointing to the unflattering state of your team but try not to let that obscure how well the hawks are set for this year and the future. Also I agree with you seabs contact is worse but a future projected 1st line center isn’t the difference. Btw joker wasn’t making the roster this year nylander is so even tho the value wasn’t right... the trade is still made to better the current roster witch would contribute to contending... so it was a contending move

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018

There’s been some extremely illogical takes on both sides here but can you please explain how the hell Dach is overrated? Dude hasn’t stepped foot on NHL ice and most people on HF have him ranked lower than where he was drafted. Where exactly are you seeing him ranked higher than he should be? If anything you can make the case he’s underrated but that’s not the argument I’m trying to get in to.

You have to be a complete baffoon or hiding under a rock to come to the conclusion that he’s overrated tbh. If you want to make the argument that the hawks reached on him that’s fine but calling him overrated is just dumb.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
There’s been some extremely illogical takes on both sides here but can you please explain how the hell Dach is overrated? Dude hasn’t stepped foot on NHL ice and most people on HF have him ranked lower than where he was drafted. Where exactly are you seeing him ranked higher than he should be? If anything you can make the case he’s underrated but that’s not the argument I’m trying to get in to.

You have to be a complete baffoon or hiding under a rock to come to the conclusion that he’s overrated tbh. If you want to make the argument that the hawks reached on him that’s fine but calling him overrated is just dumb.
These guys are on glue. Any Canucks fan would have been ecstatic if Dach had somehow fallen to us. Every game I've seen of his in junior, including the playoffs, he's looked like a man playing against boys.

Regarding Seabrook/Eriksson, Seabrook's contract is worse but Seabrook still has use in the NHL and isn't a cancer in the locker room. Vancouver could also use a player with his skillset, even if massively overpaid. Nowhere near a 1st rounder in negative value apart.

Reactions: Jamie Winston

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Because it took a Dach-level prospect to move Lucic, right?

It’s fine if your team doesn’t want Seabrook, but it’s not going to take a Dach-like prospect to move him if the Hawks are taking a nearly equally bad contract back.

Lucic didn't have 2 years more than the cap-dump he was traded for, the Oilers retained a portion of his salary, and still no one understands why the Flames did it.

And the poster didn't say that's what it would take for the Hawks to move him, he or she claimed that's what it would take for him or her to take on Seabrook. If you don't want to pay that price, that's understandable, too.

But Seabrook's contract is far worse than Eriksson's because of those two extra years and that NMC.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Lucic didn't have 2 years more than the cap-dump he was traded for, the Oilers retained a portion of his salary, and still no one understands why the Flames did it.

Right, and in this proposal the Hawks are working to offset the extra years with a first rounder and a top-nine forward's RFA rights.

Either way, this OP was not presented by a Hawks fan and the Hawks are not in so desperate a situation where they need to part with a player like Dach to move Seabrook.

Tripp Longfellow

Feb 12, 2009
Canada
Right, and in this proposal the Hawks are working to offset the extra years with a first rounder and a top-nine forward's RFA rights.

Either way, this OP was not presented by a Hawks fan and the Hawks are not in so desperate a situation where they need to part with a player like Dach to move Seabrook.

OP is a Hawks fan.

Not sure if you were referring to me but nowhere did I mention Dach being in the proposal.

I mainly proposed this because it’s the summer and I’m bored but I picked VAN because they have a bad contract to shed and figured it would probably be the only place KFCeabs would waive his NMC to go to.

My personal take is I would rather see Seabs retire a Blackhawk, or god willing use a CBO on him then have him retire a Hawk. I just worry if Debrincat and Strome post numbers like they did last year, Hawks have to find a way the get rid of Seabrook’s cap hit.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
OP is a Hawks fan.

Not sure if you were referring to me but nowhere did I mention Dach being in the proposal.

I mainly proposed this because it’s the summer and I’m bored but I picked VAN because they have a bad contract to shed and figured it would probably be the only place KFCeabs would waive his NMC to go to.

My personal take is I would rather see Seabs retire a Blackhawk, or god willing use a CBO on him then have him retire a Hawk. I just worry if Debrincat and Strome post numbers like they did last year, Hawks have to find a way the get rid of Seabrook’s cap hit.

I stand corrected.

Other posters said it would take adding Dach to move Seabrook in this deal.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017

I don't care who the OP is, nor do I claim the Hawks MUST trade Dach to offload Seabrook.

I'm just saying you can't look at the Lucic trade as a comparable. The Oilers PAID a third to ADD $500K to their cap for 4 years.

This deal would see the Hawks SAVE $875K for 3 years and then a whopping $6.875M for 2 years. How much do you think it costs to unload $16.375M, a total difference of $18.375M over what the Oilers did? That poster said that they would only accept if Dach was attached. Can you blame them? Of course the Hawks wouldn't do that, but that's not the point.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don't care who the OP is, nor do I claim the Hawks MUST trade Dach to offload Seabrook.

I'm just saying you can't look at the Lucic trade as a comparable. The Oilers PAID a third to ADD $500K to their cap for 4 years.

This deal would see the Hawks SAVE $875K for 3 years and then a whopping $6.875M for 2 years. How much do you think it costs to unload $16.375M, a total difference of $18.375M over what the Oilers did? That poster said that they would only accept if Dach was attached. Can you blame them? Of course the Hawks wouldn't do that, but that's not the point.

The post of mine that you quoted WAS in response to some who said Dach must be added. So it's fine if you don't care, but it would be better if you knew the context of what I was saying before arguing with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad