Proposal: VAN-CHI

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Ya nope not worth it the only way i see any team taking seabrook is 1 he starts playing like a beast again or 2 chicago trades dach with him

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago
Ya nope not worth it the only way i see any team taking seabrook is 1 he starts playing like a beast again or 2 chicago trades dach with him

giphy.gif

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Sorry if this has been suggested before but Lucic for Neal got me thinking.

Seabrook + Perlini (or a B prospect) + 2020 1st Round pick

For

Eriksson

Am I way off here?
Yes you are off...take off the 1st round pick and Hawks would say yes, if not Hawks say no

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We have to sign Boeser and Goldobin still and taking the extra 825k (plus what ever Perlini is asking for) runs contrary to that.

The extra 2 years doesn't really fix our problem with Eriksson but pushes it back a few years. I don't think Seabrook will regress to Eriksson level this year or next but it is still a strong possibility for the final years. His play still has value as we speak but it's the length of his contract that worries me.

We don't have room for Perlini in our line up even with Eriksson being unloaded.

Seabrook's NMC is also troubling with the expansion draft coming up.

It's a neat idea but in practice it does kind of lose steam from a Canucks perspective.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010

i know this isn't a contrsuctive response, but...

hahahahhahaha

and Boqvist was mentioned? you're shitting me hahaha this thread

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Because it took a Dach-level prospect to move Lucic, right?

It’s fine if your team doesn’t want Seabrook, but it’s not going to take a Dach-like prospect to move him if the Hawks are taking a nearly equally bad contract back.

Reactions: djeck42 and WJSN

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
My God Canucks fans in this thread, what planet are you guys from ?

The planet where we don't want a worse contract without being well compensated. We can't afford Seabrook, let alone Perlini, for Eriksson (we need every cap dollar we can get for Boeser and Goldobin). Most of the posters aren't saying "this is the value" but rather there is nothing they view as an intermediate step between Perlini and a first round pick and Boquist/Dach.

Were it Eriksson and Sutter for Seabrook, Perlini, and a first, I'd be on board, but then how does Chicago for in 10+ million in cap for overpaid players while giving up value to dump a contract for a player that still contributes?

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Canucks have zero interest in 5 more years of Seabrook. They have minus 10 interest in Seabrook at $6.875 for the next 5 years. They have minus 1000 interest in Seabrook for 5 more years at $6.875 with a NMC, and minus 100000 interest in Seabrook needing expansion protection. Three more years of LE at $6 is a steal of a deal compared to the Seabrook contract. Chicago isn’t interested in moving any asset of value with Seabrook so no deal. Nothing to see here.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
i know this isn't a contrsuctive response, but...

hahahahhahaha

and Boqvist was mentioned? you're ****ting me hahaha this thread
Well what im essentially saying there is nothing chicago could offer besides an overpay that the canucks would take, erikssons contract is actually somewhat tradable considering the cap hit to salary ratio and why would we help chicago we clearly lose this trade seabrook imo has the worst contract in the league and if you want a rival to take it then its gonna take an overpay

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Now that looch is gone lets fine the next worse contract to dump on the Canucks. Would rather watch LE float for the next 3 years than take on the Seabrook contract.

Bobby Terrance

Jul 21, 2018
The planet where we don't want a worse contract without being well compensated. We can't afford Seabrook, let alone Perlini, for Eriksson (we need every cap dollar we can get for Boeser and Goldobin). Most of the posters aren't saying "this is the value" but rather there is nothing they view as an intermediate step between Perlini and a first round pick and Boquist/Dach.

Were it Eriksson and Sutter for Seabrook, Perlini, and a first, I'd be on board, but then how does Chicago for in 10+ million in cap for overpaid players while giving up value to dump a contract for a player that still contributes?
Most canuck fans are saying this is the value. If you seriously think Seabrook's contract is a first and a prospect worse than the biggest floater on the planet than you need to give your head a shake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad