Proposal: Van Car

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Not a fan of either team but I like these players and they both may benefit from a change of scenery.

:nucks
Jake Virtanen

:canes
Elias Lindholm

Who adds?

Last edited:

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
As much as I really don't want to give up on Virtanen yet I wouldn't be opposed to this. Gonna say it's a little unrealtistic and Vancouver needs an add.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Lindholm has gotten 0.5 points per game in the past 2 seasons but has been -23 in each of those years. Is he that bad to be traded for Virtanen? (haven't watched Lindholm play outside of games against Canucks)

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Pass from Carolina. Lindholm has been a bit disappointing, but at least he has been somewhat effective. Virtanen has shown nothing at the AHL or NHL level.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Both players would benefit from a change of scenery, especially Lindholm. So amazing as a 17-year old, such an underwhelming development.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Why would Carolina do this? Lindholm has 3 points this season.

http://thehockeywriters.com/elias-lindholm-where-are-you/

Its been 14 games lol. And has 3 points with 29 SOG. He just hasn't gotten any bounces. He's put up back to back seasons of 39 points on a putrid Carolina offense.

Compared to Jake Virtanen, with an entire 1 point in 14 career AHL games and 14 points in 65 career NHL games.

Elias Lindholm is WAAAAAAY better than Jake Virtanen, hence my question, why would Carolina do this? Even in his current slump he is significantly outperforming Virtanen lol. This proposal is a joke.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
While I wouldn't give up Lindholm, I think the Canes would be interested if Vancouver were to move Virtanen. They are weak at RW and their top-9 is small. Skinner, Aho, or Teravainen's strengths might mask Virtanen's weaknesses and vice-versa.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Its been 14 games lol. And has 3 points with 29 SOG. He just hasn't gotten any bounces. He's put up back to back seasons of 39 points on a putrid Carolina offense.

Compared to Jake Virtanen, with an entire 1 point in 14 career AHL games and 14 points in 65 career NHL games.

Elias Lindholm is WAAAAAAY better than Jake Virtanen, hence my question, why would Carolina do this? Even in his current slump he is significantly outperforming Virtanen lol. This proposal is a joke.

Yah context isn't important or anything right?

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I'd hope the Canucks would pass on this, work with Jake, we could really use his grit even if it's on the 3rd line. We need to send him to the AHL and let him develop, that's what the problem has been we have a GM that wants him here and a coach that doesn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->