Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Canucks sign Jack Rathbone to ELC (3 years, $925k AAV)

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Is the speculation that he will sign? If so awesome. Let's get ahead of the news and have a thread before he signs.

Or is there something I'm missing regarding a trade?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I was really hoping he wouldn't sign and would want to go east. Another trade that makes sense with the Devils.

On the other hand, it would make me feel better about Harvard products actually signing with the team that drafted them given that we have Reilly Walsh going back to school for his final year.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Probably the Canuck's top defensive prospect. Uber talented.

Canuck's probably got lucky that the IVY LEAGUE hockey season got cancelled which otherwise Rathbone might have stayed in the NCAA and then sign as a UFA next season to whatever team he wants. Harvard has a history of players not signing with their drafted teams, Fox, Marino, Kerfoot, Vessey etc...

Rathbone has the talent and skills to legitimately make the team next season.

All the best to Rathbone !

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Excellent news! Very underated prospect, legit top 4 potential. Glad we can move past the worry of him not signing. Might have the biggest point shot among dmen in the entire organization.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Well they have a superstar LD in Hughes and now a really good prospect with legit top 4 potential. Hard to hold it against them for being excited. Vancouver hasn’t exactly had a deep list of young star D in their history.
I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade, just wondering if that guy was serious with the "best D prospect in college hockey"?

Reactions: Nucker42

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad