Proposal: VAN/CAL

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
It's not a bad offer, but it makes no sense for Vancouver at all. It would be unwise to trade an RFA for UFA (the status of the main pieces in 3 years time)

If Johnny doesn't want to re-sign, you lose out on a player to free agency. If Boeser doesn't want to re-sign, you still have an RFA that you can either trade or receive the picks via offer sheet.

For that reason it's in favor of Calgary.

Short term Vancouver, long term Calgary.

Reactions: bh53

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Jake Virtanen should no longer be an "add-on" in trade proposals. In terms of goal-scoring, he is 5th on the team behind the likes of JT Miller, Alien Pettersson, Brock Boeser, and Bo Horvat. If he were on the Flames, he'd be 3rd in goal-scoring, only behind Elias Lindholm and Matt Tkachuk.

For the Canucks to trade Virtanen before knowing what his peak is would be incredibly silly. I'd give him another 1.5 years before saying, "he is what he is", as he's incrementally improved season by season (aside from that hiccup year in Utica).

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I wouldn't think about this offer, what would BB do in Calgary without a playmaker? I don't think he'd mesh with Monahan/Lindy, so that would force Chucky to move up, so BB would be with Backlund and they don't seem like a fit, I think this deal would look better with Lindholm as the main piece and probably Bennett instead of Janks but that's just me thinking about line chemistry

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Gaudreau>>>>>>>>>Boeser. Flames laugh and hang up.

I like Johnny Gaudreau, but he's 4 years older than Brock Boeser, and is 2.5 years from UFA when he'll be a 29yo -- not a good age for an organization to re-sign a player who'll very likely be looking for a big money, long-term deal. In 2.5 years, Boeser will be a 25yo RFA; much safer age to offer a long-term contract to.

I wouldn't think about this offer, what would BB do in Calgary without a playmaker? I don't think he'd mesh with Monahan/Lindy, so that would force Chucky to move up, so BB would be with Backlund and they don't seem like a fit, I think this deal would look better with Lindholm as the main piece and probably Bennett instead of Janks but that's just me thinking about line chemistry

Prior to playing w/ Alien Pettersson, Brock Boeser was usually on Bo Horvat's wing, and Horvat's not really known to be the best playmaker. That season, in his rookie year, Boeser scored 29 goals in 62 games.... Are you talking about Matthew Tkachuk? Doesn't he play LW? Because Boeser happens to play RW, so changing lines wouldn't be necessary; if anything, they'd probably be best to play together in this hypothetical scenario.

Anyway, Canucks probably don't do this deal b/c of age difference & UFA status.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Just realized Jankowski has 0 points lol. Wtf happened there.

And no to this, Virtanen is actually trending upwards.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Is this a joke? Janko Virtanen are irrelevant in this... but Johnny for BB???? :help:

Edit... ok Virtanen has been decent stats wise but still...

BannedFromCDC

Sep 18, 2012
New Westminster
:laugh:

He’s 4 years older, has no physicality, UFA faster, and no, he’s not that much better if better at all than Boeser. Nice try though. Oh and by the way, our best RW if we did this trade would be Josh Leivo. No thanks.

Dude had 99 points last season, and 84 the year before that. Boeser hasn't even had a 30 goal season. He's better than Boeser.

Reactions: Pia8988

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad