Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

CC: @Frankie Spankie

giphy.gif

(this is actually been rumored for a billion years now so I'm not actually surprised)

Reactions: Frankie Spankie

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I was with it till that tsunami of blood. What the f*** :laugh:

Also was that supposed to be Christina Hendricks?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS GAME!!! The first one still has a big cult following.

Came here to post about it.

One of my favorite PC games ever made. Played it for hours and hours and beat it multiple different times as multiple different clans. Toreador and Malkavian were my favorites. Oh and Janette.... I had a huge crush on her lol.

Heres the preorder page on GOG.
Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2 on GOG.com

new_edition_comparison_chart.jpg

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Q1 2020 seems pretty crazy. About a year to go, and the first we're hearing about it? I never played the first one, the graphics are a bit dated for my liking but the style of the game is exactly up my alley. Really looking forward to this.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
That looks pretty good.

I've been told multiple times that the first one was great, but I never played it.

Does it hold up today? I see it's on sale on GOG right now...

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
That looks pretty good.

I've been told multiple times that the first one was great, but I never played it.

go for it, go for it, go for it, go for it right now

One of the greatest gaming experiences I ever had

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
CC: @Frankie Spankie

giphy.gif

(this is actually been rumored for a billion years now so I'm not actually surprised)
YOU f***ING KNOW IT!!

Surprised to hear it's the same writers.

For anyone who hasn't played it, I highly recommend it. I believe the GOG version is patched. The Steam version requires a fan patch to even launch on modern machines. It is awesome. If you enjoyed the original Deus Ex, which I still hold to be the best single player experience of all time, you will enjoy this one. It is the closest game I've ever seen to it.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

Well the game is most certainly not polished nor was it on release, but it's very playable. If you can handle Half Life 2 levels of fidelity it's around that and uses the same engine.

Keep in mind there is a pretty big section of the game that's kinda(generously) trash. Toward the end.

VTMB is in a long line of RPGs that do 1-2 things AMAZINGLY well that makes it worth playing more so than the complete package.

I was with it till that tsunami of blood. What the **** :laugh:

I'm not a huge fan of the setting, Vampires bleh whatever. But the game world and dialog of the original is so well crafted it works.

Inb4 Epic exclusive?

It's owned by Paradox now and Paradox's bread has long been buttered on Steam. But anything's possible I suppose.
Also GOG is pushing it pretty hard.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I actually own the GOG version of this game, but never played it. I hear that it comes packaged with the fan made mode that fixes a ton of crap. What are considered the essential mods for a first play through?

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
I suggest to play it through once as a normal clan (ie not Nosferatu or Malkavian) and then on more time as a Malkavian...best conversation in a videogame ever :D

Reactions: HerpaDerp

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
When I saw the trailer squidward takes out his chair

When I looked up the studio squidward walks away

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Well I did pick up the original in the GOG sale. Going to have to start it up once I finish Devil May Cry 5.

Any tips for a total newbie?

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Well I did pick up the original in the GOG sale. Going to have to start it up once I finish Devil May Cry 5.

Any tips for a total newbie?
I don't know if the GoG Version already has them but apply the fan patches!
Start with a "normal" clan ie Bruja and not Nosferatu, Malkavian or the BloodMages (forgot their name)
The game can be quite hard but if you should choose to cheat, dont use the unlimited Blood cheat, that robs you of one of the most exciting parts of the role playing experience (blood management)

Reactions: Commander Clueless

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't know if the GoG Version already has them but apply the fan patches!
Start with a "normal" clan ie Bruja and not Nosferatu, Malkavian or the BloodMages (forgot their name)
The game can be quite hard but if you should choose to cheat, dont use the unlimited Blood cheat, that robs you of one of the most exciting parts of the role playing experience (blood management)
I don't think the Tremere are hard to play as. Nosferatu is *okay* for a first playthrough, but not ideal just because you miss so much content. Malk is *definitely* not a first playthrough though.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Thanks for the tips.

Is there a spoiler-free reason to not play as Malkavian? :laugh:
I've never played, but researched when I kept seeing the same thing all over Reddit. Basically, a lot of the dialogue is different for them and makes a lot more sense after a "normal" playthrough first. The play-through as a Malk would be much more difficult because its easy to misinterpret what the player options it presents to you actually mean.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
I don't think the Tremere are hard to play as. Nosferatu is *okay* for a first playthrough, but not ideal just because you miss so much content. Malk is *definitely* not a first playthrough though.
I remember constantly running out of blood as a tremere but that was way back in 2005 so mqaybe thats fixed in newer versions.

Thanks for the tips.

Is there a spoiler-free reason to not play as Malkavian? :laugh:

Maybe you could say that Malkavians themselves give spoilers to the plot :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->