Value of Vehicle (looking to buy)

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Hello everyone! I know absolutely nothing about cars. My elder parents are looking at buying a 2017 Lexus NX 200t SUV with 37,100 km. I am hoping this vehicle will last them 10
Plus years and be their last. They don’t drive much.

My Questions are regarding price. The dealer has it listed at $36,900.
Does anyone know how much roughly we could take them down in price?
Does anyone know if it would help to pay straight cash?
Does anyone know if there is a site or service that would determine if we are getting a good deal?

On auto trader I found a very similar vehicle for 29,500. The problem is it’s miles away....

Any other tips/advise would be much appreciated!

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
If they have their inventory online, find a cheaper SUV and act as though that's what you've come to their dealership for. Hem & haw over it and have them upsell you to your desired vehicle and haggle it down to an acceptable price. Don't be afraid to walk away.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
According to autotrader, that looks to be pretty pricey. Don't know where you are, but I found quite a few for a lot cheaper than the one listed.
In answer to your questions:
1) However far you can
2) No. It wouldn't.
3) autotrader. Or Carmax if you're in the US.

Why are your parents stuck on that particular model? I mean sure, they're good cars, Lexus is Toyota which is of course bulletproof technology, but it's always a good idea to look around the segment at what other options you've got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad