Speculation: Value of Tryamkins rights

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Didn’t Tryamkin complain about pot smokers in Vancouver making it an unlivable City

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Tryamkin is now a star? Come on guys. He's somewhere in the 3 to 6 range for a defenceman with his biggest claim to fame is his size.

He needs to play in the NHL, I wish he stayed and worked on his game because I would have more faith in the fact he would be a more valuable piece by doing that. I think he has hurt his own value by bolting.

Does anyone actually think a 1st would be available for him?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Trading his NHL tights to another team , what’s it worth?

1st 2nd or 3rd rounder

Do the Canucks even realize there is some value in trading his rights if he doesn’t want to play here?

Signing by him to an entry level deal where they burnt off a year seems pretty shortsighted he could be under contract if they didn’t burn off that year for a measly 15 games.

Signing him early so he could get those 15 games is part of what enticed him to come. Just like Boeser, and just like we’ll do for Gaudette. It’s normal.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
Because they could convince him that they are different than Canucks management. He didn't leave because he hates the NHL. After his Russian contract is up he could be well prepared to try something new.
How would they convince them without talking to him? I believe that would be considered tampering.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
How would they convince them without talking to him? I believe that would be considered tampering.

I'm wondering if because there is no agreement between the two leagues if it's considered tampering at all. It's not like Kovalchuk and Datsyuk didn't have prior discussions with clubs in Russia before they officially retired from the NHL. EVERYONE knew they were leaving to go play in the NHL. It wasn't a secret. Obviously there were some discussions.

Why could we not do the same back??

adamzilla

Mar 9, 2008
Vancouver
Not much value if there's no guarantee of him coming back.

And it's also not a question of whether you think he's a top pairing d-man.

The Canucks need Tryamkin because he can hit a player normally and break their legs, no matter what pairing he's on.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
It’s really quite amazing how his value around here shot up once he announced he was leaving and some around here attributed it to the management team.

He’s a fine player. I quite liked him but he’s not super man.

A second or third for the right to discuss it? You’re nuts.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It’s really quite amazing how his value around here shot up once he announced he was leaving and some around here attributed it to the management team.

He’s a fine player. I quite liked him but he’s not super man.

A second or third for the right to discuss it? You’re nuts.

Nah. Plenty of us (I would say many) were high on Tryamkin and saw him as having a highish likelihood of developing into a top 4 Dman.

Not sure if anyone here, besides you, would have traded him for a 4th or less between the end of the season and him signing in the KHL. Pretty certain at least more than half of us here wouldn't have traded him for a 3rd during that time period.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Nah. Plenty of us (I would say many) were high on Tryamkin and saw him as having a highish likelihood of developing into a top 4 Dman.

Not sure if anyone here, besides you, would have traded him for a 4th or less between the end of the season and him signing in the KHL. Pretty certain at least more than half of us here wouldn't have traded him for a 3rd during that time period.

If Tryamkin hadn’t bailed, OP would be screaming about how he is Chara reincarnated, and how it’s just another sign that Benning is some kind of visionary. Hell, they probably were a year ago.

Reactions: pomorick

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
If Tryamkin hadn’t bailed, OP would be screaming about how he is Chara reincarnated, and how it’s just another sign that Benning is some kind of visionary. Hell, they probably were a year ago.

Tryamkin is definitely not Chara. There probably won't be another Chara or Pronger type for a while. But Tryamkin was developing well and I think had some offensive upside as well. It's really too bad he wasn't happy here.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Tryamkin is definitely not Chara. There probably won't be another Chara or Pronger type for a while. But Tryamkin was developing well and I think had some offensive upside as well. It's really too bad he wasn't happy here.

IIRC, there were a few plays in his last game or two where he suddenly, out of nowhere, started rushing the puck. I think a couple people in the GDTs said something along the lines of it looking like he knew WD was going to be canned, and so he was just doing what he wanted. Turns out, if anything, he probably just knew he was leaving.

Reactions: F A N

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->