Speculation: Value of Tryamkins rights

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Trading his NHL tights to another team , what’s it worth?

1st 2nd or 3rd rounder

Do the Canucks even realize there is some value in trading his rights if he doesn’t want to play here?

Signing by him to an entry level deal where they burnt off a year seems pretty shortsighted he could be under contract if they didn’t burn off that year for a measly 15 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
Rather just hold on to his rights. A trade involving Tryamkin has the potential to bite us in the ass, big time.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
Why would any team trade for his rights if they were not 100% sure Tryamkin is coming back?
Very little value without that in place.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
The only teams may want to try their luck are TB and TOR, and both teams are not stupid. So, may be a 6th or 7th.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I am sorry, but in 1 - 2 years time we will want this asset. I am amazed at all the negativity against him. He did the same thing Kesler and Luongo did. Jumped ship. I would like him back sooner than later, but he has the potential to be the best D man we have ever had. Is it likely .... no. But why trade him for a draft pick that has little chance of playing in the nHL.

Instead, put some effort into getting him back, then making sure he's happy here.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
What about having a Russian on staff as an assistant coach or trainer to help facilitate his transition here to a different culture?what would that cost in salary 80–120.000 at the least/most?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
What’s the point of trading him? His contract in Russia will be up when this management is cleaned out.

Reactions: Jack Burton

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
He would be an amazing add on to a team like Pittsburgh or the oilers

Get him standing in front of the net on the power play same way Chara is utilized in Boston

Why Willie never tried that is totally asinine

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I agree that it's worth exploring when he gets nearer the end of his KHL deal. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want back here but would probably like to play in the NHL again in another city.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Wait and see who we draft. If it's Svechnikov he might be tempted to come back. If it's Dahlin then maybe move him if we get a good offer.

CanucksSTM

Mar 8, 2018
WSH or TBL might take a stab at him. Rather he play in the East if we had the choice anyways.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
KHL allstar Larsen was worth a 4-5th apparently. A 3rd would probably be tops for his rights. Would be nice to have him come back but I dont expect it unless his hometown team folds

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Why would any team trade for his rights if they were not 100% sure Tryamkin is coming back?
Very little value without that in place.

Because they could convince him that they are different than Canucks management. He didn't leave because he hates the NHL. After his Russian contract is up he could be well prepared to try something new.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Depends on if he wants to even play in the NHL. If he does, just not in Vancouver (and I'd imagine many other cities as well), then maybe a 3rd-4th rounder.
But with the way it currently stands, with 2 years left in Russia, why would any team want to give up any more than a 6th/7th?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Are there any Russian assistant coaches in the NHL?

No but you can try convincing Nemchinov to come or Mike Keenan.

The only teams may want to try their luck are TB and TOR, and both teams are not stupid. So, may be a 6th or 7th.

I think Detroit, Washington, and NYR are safe destinations for a Russian hockey player.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
No point in trading him. He's the type of asset you hope a new regime can secure. Until such time, what they get for him likely will not match the faint hope of what he could provide in the future. He stays, IMO.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
any draft pick you get probably has the same chance of being an nhl player as tryamkin does of returning, but tryamkin's upside is already at the point where the pick's odds are weak. cant see why youd trade him unless its for like a 2nd or 1st rounder

Reactions: vancityluongo

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Tryamkin changed the Canuck's on ice demeanor. They resemble a credible NHL team with him in the line-up.

Benning's biggest move all Summer could be luring Tryamkin back with unspent Sedin money. IMO, this would alter brand impression.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Trading his NHL tights to another team , what’s it worth?

Not much of a market for NHL tights at the moment... but there is a guy here who buy's athletes old used jocks so you never know. :sarcasm:

Any deal with Tyramkins rights would have to come with condition (picks) dependant on him resigning with new team.

Curious though, if he were traded to a team like Tampa or Toronto (or anywhere he finds more desirable than Vancouver really) would he be more willing to buy himself out of his KHL contract and come over sooner... like next season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad