Value of OHL Franchises?

etr102

Mar 7, 2010
Windsor, ON
Does anyone have any idea how much each franchise is worth? (been trying to find it online, couldn't find any information)

Curious to know the value of the Erie Otters

As with any business, it varies depending on the team's ability to earn revenue.

I'd say most teams are worth between $4m-7m. Teams like London and Kitchener may be worth more. Teams like Owen Sound may be worth a bit less.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Does anyone have any idea how much each franchise is worth? (been trying to find it online, couldn't find any information)

Curious to know the value of the Erie Otters

I've heard that Bassin is asking for around $4 Million for the Otters. Thats probably about average, maybe more towards the low end.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
I believe that London would be worth at least $15-$20 million, given that they make approximately $3-$4 million profit per year.

I heard Melnyk paid $9 million for Ice Dogs team so that he could move Majors team to Hershey Ctre. He then sold Ice Dogs team to Burke family for $4million.

Bottom teams should be worth $4-$5 million, middle of line teams about $7-$9 million and top end teams north of $10milion.

Barrie owner has been asking for over $15million for a few years now.

Reactions: The Wizz

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Bassin could easily get more considering that the steelheads went for at least 7 million...and with no fans and little hope of making money. Guelph went for 5.4 mil a few years back, I would assume the Otters would get that for a team to stay in Erie.

I think Chewer is right in the franchise values of larger teams but if Barrie's owner thinks that team is worth 15 million, then he's delusional. London is likely the only franchise worth that much right now.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
London would fetch the most, then Windsor, Kitchener (if privately owned),Barrie and Oshawa.

Next would come Guelph, Belleville, Kingston, Sudbury, Owen Sound, Erie, SSM and so on.

Missy and Ottawa may be at the bottom. Missy for sure, but dont know about Ottawa that much, but it seems like their games are empty in attendance.

JMO.

krazy kanuck

Dec 24, 2008
Alberta
London would fetch the most, then Windsor, Kitchener (if privately owned),Barrie and Oshawa.

Next would come Guelph, Belleville, Kingston, Sudbury, Owen Sound, Erie, SSM and so on.

Missy and Ottawa may be at the bottom. Missy for sure, but dont know about Ottawa that much, but it seems like their games are empty in attendance.

JMO.

Agree with much of what you have, but my top 5:

London (Undisputed - thought I heard they were worth $20M)
Kitchener (If they can be sold)
Ottawa (Storied franchise capable of drawing 8,000 a night when they play downtown)
Windsor (Loyal fans, new rink)
Barrie (I'll overpay the $15M if I win the 6/49 and go back to the C O L T S jerseys)

HM: Oshawa, Kingston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad