Proposal: Value of Kadri in Chicago

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think he is a POS, but likely he would become our POS like Shaw was..honestly just don't see the need for him here with the centers we currently have...and if Turcotte becomes the pick. If you move out AA then you can make a case for it, but would like to see Kampf get that 3C opportunity. I guess I would be 50/50 on it - wouldn't lose sleep, wouldn't jump up for joy either. I like Nelson because he can play C/LW something that we should covet IMO.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I lean no...obviously depends what the cost would be.

I’d rather trade for or sign a speedy winger.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
Like AD said, if we select a center at the draft there wouldn't be any role for Kadri here. Otherwise I'd be interested in him since he's a great 3C, but only if we can get him without giving up much in the way of assets. If Toronto wants full value back for Kadri I'd rather just shop on the FA market or fill the position internally.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Kadri would be a huge get for this team but I’m sure their ask would be Jokiharju and that’s a no from me.

If you can get him for a reasonable price I’m all for it but I don’t see it happening.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Kadri would be a huge get for this team but I’m sure their ask would be Jokiharju and that’s a no from me.

If you can get him for a reasonable price I’m all for it but I don’t see it happening.
Toronto is in cap space hell, unless they unload a few players. They need to sign Marner. Will be interesting. Toronto is looking for D

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I would imagine the Leafs hold onto Kadri unless they feel his issues are becoming too frequent.

They have 3 names that can be moved - Brown, Hyman and Marleau - that is $10 mil in space for next year..I think they could find takers for all 3, though Marleau would have to waive that NMC.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I wouldn’t give up Joker for him who would probably be their prime target.

I would do a deal around Beaudin, but doubt they would.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
All depends, lol. If we draft a center with our first (Turcotte), no. If we keep AA, no. If Toronto wants too much (quite likely), no.

Also, I'm down for giving Kampf a legit shot at a more offensive role. Kid has played very well and improved, so why not reward him? If he can produce as a 3C, that's better than moving assets to acquire Kadri. Definitely understand the doubts (hell, I have some too), but it's better to know.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
He'd be nice, but I don't think 3C is a big priority for this team. As such, I wouldn't give up what it would take for the Leafs to deal him.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Eh. I am not as keen as others. Would rather get a 3rd line winger that is decent defensively.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Toronto won't get back what he is worth, IMO. We saw it with the Hawks when they had to shed cap, teams didn't do them any favours.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think Kadri is POS

But he is signed at good rate (4.5M) and would upgrade this team

I would offer Ian Mitchell's rights for him and then flip AA for futures

Kane + Toews
Debrincat + Strome
Saad + Kadri

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
If he could rein in his aggression and don't do dumb shit in the playoffs, I'll welcome him with open arms.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If Q was still here I think he would help him with the "stupid". He has a history having certain players tone down with the dumb penalties when he was here. Not sure yet if Colliton will have that same presence yet.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I think Kadri is POS

But he is signed at good rate (4.5M) and would upgrade this team

I would offer Ian Mitchell's rights for him and then flip AA for futures

Kane + Toews
Debrincat + Strome
Saad + Kadri

I’m missing something when people speak of trading Mitchell. If (speculating) he won’t sign with us, why is it assumed he’d sign with anyone rather than go fa?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would trade him simply because to me he is our 3rd best RHD and if that can land you a 28 yr old #2/3 C signed for 3 more years then you should be very open to doing it

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He'd be nice, but I don't think 3C is a big priority for this team. As such, I wouldn't give up what it would take for the Leafs to deal him.
He’s a 3C in the same way Malkin is a 2C.

He’s better than Strome. And he’d give us three dangerous scoring lines with two centers you don’t have to worry about deployment with.

Reactions: d rake

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
He’s a 3C in the same way Malkin is a 2C.

He’s better than Strome. And he’d give us three dangerous scoring lines with two centers you don’t have to worry about deployment with.

Well he'd be playing the 3C here as Strome and Cat clearly work well together. He plays a strong 2 way game and would be an upgrade over AA for sure , but I don't think the difference to go from AA to Kadri will be worth what I imagine it would cost to acquire him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad