Proposal: Value of Domi

RussianSpy

Oct 3, 2017
Chicago, IL
Hey Guys, Stars fan here:

I'm not sure Domi is someone that Nill will target; but I like his game and think there is a place for him considering Roussel is probably gone next season.

What package do you think it would take to land him?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hey Guys, Stars fan here:

I'm not sure Domi is someone that Nill will target; but I like his game and think there is a place for him considering Roussel is probably gone next season.

What package do you think it would take to land him?
A Top 6 C or Top 4 D.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
He’s not available. Chyka has mentioned that on more than a few occasions. No target for Nil to even target. Not available.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
As SR said, likely not available.

But Dallas is pretty deep down the middle. Faksa?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
This is cheesy of me but wouldn't a top 6 center be our number two guy in Tucson???
I'd like another option to give us more depth. I just purchased a signed Moose Jaw Warriors Howden jersey so I'm biased (Tampa for Hjarlmarsson?)

I just view Domi as more expendable/available than most given the likelihood that AZ will draft one of Tkachuk/Zadina/Svechnikov.

I'm intrigued by the Barrie for a Domi + Demers idea. I like that Chayka targets players.

RussianSpy

Oct 3, 2017
Chicago, IL
As SR said, likely not available.

But Dallas is pretty deep down the middle. Faksa?

I don't think Nill would give up Faksa; but I do think (Spezza, Hanzal, Dickinson, Shore) would be available in a package depending on if you wanted a Vet or younger guy as the C going to you.

RussianSpy

Oct 3, 2017
Chicago, IL
For the record, I don't believe Domi should be traded; but I think Chayka is crazy enough to do it; just wanted to see what you guys thought he would return.

Thanks!!

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
He’s not available. Chyka has mentioned that on more than a few occasions. No target for Nil to even target. Not available.

Everyone has a price. If the trade improves our team Chakya would do it.

He is asking Domi's worth if it were to happen.

That being said; the only players I believe are absolutely locked into Arizona are Chychrun and Keller.

Reactions: Daisy Ridley

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I assume if Dallas was serious about trying to land Domi the deal would have to be something around Domi for Honka with Dallas adding a little something because Domi is more proven

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
For the record, I don't believe Domi should be traded; but I think Chayka is crazy enough to do it; just wanted to see what you guys thought he would return.

Thanks!!
There's something about this guy I just don't trust. Can't quite put my finger on it. Suspicious in some way...

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It appears that Arizona has at least one scout that is seriously spending some time following the Avs. Not sure who the Yotes would be looking at on the Avs roster. I put this in this thread as I can see the Avs having some interest in Domi, but I am not sure of a match in terms of asking price. I don't see the Avs trading Barrie now, particularly with EJ's injury, and I am not sure they would even look at a Barrie for Domi oriented trade (other tweaks from either side included). This presumes, of course, that the Yotes even have interest in acquiring Barrie. I think the only reason that the Avs would look at trading Barrie is that they have to make a decision on him sooner rather than later (two years left after this season before UFA status again; Makar, Timmins, and Meloche all potentially knocking on the door as prospect RHDs).

Like I said, I am not sure who the Yotes are otherwise looking at on the Avs roster (at least of players that would be available).

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It appears that Arizona has at least one scout that is seriously spending some time following the Avs. Not sure who the Yotes would be looking at on the Avs roster. I put this in this thread as I can see the Avs having some interest in Domi, but I am not sure of a match in terms of asking price. I don't see the Avs trading Barrie now, particularly with EJ's injury, and I am not sure they would even look at a Barrie for Domi oriented trade (other tweaks from either side included). This presumes, of course, that the Yotes even have interest in acquiring Barrie. I think the only reason that the Avs would look at trading Barrie is that they have to make a decision on him sooner rather than later (two years left after this season before UFA status again, Makar, Timmins, and Meloche all potentially knocking on the door as RHDs).

Like I said, I am not sure who the Yotes are otherwise looking at on the Avs roster (at least of players that would be available).
Rumor is Demers and Domi for Barrie. Take that for what you will. Source is BSN Avalanche podcast.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Rumor is Demers and Domi for Barrie. Take that for what you will. Source is BSN Avalanche podcast.

I listened to the podcast, but I am not as high on the source of the information (AJ Haefele) as others. In any event, just curious if you had heard anything on your end. Like most situations, odds are that nothing materializes between the two teams.

As far as that rumor, I am not sure how I feel about it. I like Domi and I feel like he could flourish in another situation. On the other hand, Colorado seems to have an abundance of similar-sized young forwards (Kerfoot, Compher, Jost), so I am not sure I see the extra dimension that Domi would bring.

I don't like the idea of the Avs acquiring Demers based on his extra contract year and AAV (and age). He is also a RHD, which does not help the potential upcoming overload on the RHD side for the Avs.

I personally don't think that the Yotes should trade Domi, and based on the recent denials, that may in fact be Chayka's position.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I listened to the podcast, but I am not as high on the source of the information (AJ Haefele) as others. In any event, just curious if you had heard anything on your end. Like most situations, odds are that nothing materializes between the two teams.

As far as that rumor, I am not sure how I feel about it. I like Domi and I feel like he could flourish in another situation. On the other hand, Colorado seems to have an abundance of similar-sized young forwards (Kerfoot, Compher, Jost), so I am not sure I see the extra dimension that Domi would bring.

I don't like the idea of the Avs acquiring Demers based on his extra contract year and AAV (and age). He is also a RHD, which does not help the potential upcoming overload on the RHD side for the Avs.

I personally don't think that the Yotes should trade Domi, and based on the recent denials, that may in fact be Chayka's position.

I'm of opinion Domi is more expendable than some others on this board. It depends on draft lottery but odds are we are taking one of Svechnikov, Zadina, or Tkachuk which will push Domi further down the lineup.

If OEL and Hjarlmarsson want out and are moved by July 1st we will need blueliners; especially if we go BPA and draft one of those 3 names above instead of a Bodqvist, Hughes, or Bouchard.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I want a PP weapon on RD. Isn't Barrie notoriously below average on the PP despite fantastic 5v5 production? That's an old narrative. Not sure if it's still true today.

Personally, I'm not okay with moving either Domi or Demers. Domi will get it figured out and Demers already has. He's been great since The Holidays.

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I want a PP weapon on RD. Isn't Barrie notoriously below average on the PP despite fantastic 5v5 production? That's an old narrative. Not sure if it's still true today.

Personally, I'm not okay with moving either Domi or Demers. Domi will get it figured out and Demers already has. He's been great since The Holidays.
I'm warming up to Bouchard at 4/5 so I'm okay standing pat.

Reactions: rt

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Trouble with being a historically troubled franchise that is one of the worst teams in the league several years running is our chances of signing a top UFA or 2 that can help the team out of this are pretty slim.

The team does not really have the assets IMO to trade for fixes either.

Continue to draft and develop and wait. Really need for an outlier pick to overachieve. Our own Brayden Point for example.

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Trouble with being a historically troubled franchise that is one of the worst teams in the league several years running is our chances of signing a top UFA or 2 that can help the team out of this are pretty slim.

The team does no really have the assets IMO to trade for fixes either.

Continue to draft and develop and wait. Really need for an outlier pick to overachieve. Our own Brayden Point for example.
I don't think we should look to solve our major wish list 1C/2C/1RHD with UFA's. You always overpay. Domi has 3 even strength goals this year, his value has tanked, we wouldn't get much for him.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
My point was the team lacks talent. Not going to be able to sign UFAs to fix that. The team has to develop its talent (including Domi).

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Ideally we keep winning but stay in dead last (teams above us keep winning) so we're guaranteed 1 of the big 4: Dahlin, Svechnikov, Tkachuk, Zadina.

Reactions: BigDoaner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->