Value of Derrick Henry

Gordievsky

Jan 18, 2019
I want some unbiased opinions of his value - I thought I had pulled off a coup, but now two buddies have both given me a hard time over this.

12-team PPR league, and I have already lost Chris Carson and Russell Wilson to injury.

I just traded Derrick Henry for both Davante Adams and Pat Mahomes. At the time, I thought this was a no-brainer. Henry is clearly the best player, but how often do you get 2 high quality players like that, and Mahomes in particular fills a need?

Buddies are razzing me because Henry is the clear top RB this year, in a position of scarcity because of so many RB injuries. I don't disagree, and it leaves me weak on RB (Henderson + Carson injured).

But come on! Two good players for one! I'm not crazy, am i?

(Side note - would you now flip Adams for Kamara? I have another guy considering this - it would basically mean I got Mahomes for virtually nothing - just the downgrade from Henry to Kamara).

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I want some unbiased opinions of his value - I thought I had pulled off a coup, but now two buddies have both given me a hard time over this.

12-team PPR league, and I have already lost Chris Carson and Russell Wilson to injury.

I just traded Derrick Henry for both Davante Adams and Pat Mahomes. At the time, I thought this was a no-brainer. Henry is clearly the best player, but how often do you get 2 high quality players like that, and Mahomes in particular fills a need?

Buddies are razzing me because Henry is the clear top RB this year, in a position of scarcity because of so many RB injuries. I don't disagree, and it leaves me weak on RB (Henderson + Carson injured).

But come on! Two good players for one! I'm not crazy, am i?

(Side note - would you now flip Adams for Kamara? I have another guy considering this - it would basically mean I got Mahomes for virtually nothing - just the downgrade from Henry to Kamara).

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I think that is a fair trade for henry. an elite top 5 QB1 and arguably the best WR1.

Who else do you have for WR? i dont know if i would trade adams for kamara.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Unless I was in a dynasty league I'm not sure I'd ever consider trading Henry unless you DESPERATELY need other positions. He just has too much value, IMO.

That is a relatively fair trade. I don't think I'd trade Adams for Kamara.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Unless I was in a dynasty league I'm not sure I'd ever consider trading Henry unless you DESPERATELY need other positions. He just has too much value, IMO.

That is a relatively fair trade. I don't think I'd trade Adams for Kamara.

hahah. i traded Henry as well this season. worked out ok for me. sitting in a tie for first right now. the guy i traded henry to is in 10th lol. I forget whom i got for him as i really made alot of trades in this league. (went and looked it up) I traded Henry and D. Johnson for N. Harris and Waller. Then the guy who got Henry and D.jon traded D.Jon to another team....so i swooped in as they were TE light and traded Tonyon to get D. Johnson back lmfao.

I ended up trading Waller as well a few weeks ago for Diggs so I now have a foursome of Allen, Knox, Sanders and Diggs to roll every week until they cool off.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
hahah. i traded Henry as well this season. worked out ok for me. sitting in a tie for first right now. the guy i traded henry to is in 10th lol. I forget whom i got for him as i really made alot of trades in this league. (went and looked it up) I traded Henry and D. Johnson for N. Harris and Waller. Then the guy who got Henry and D.jon traded D.Jon to another team....so i swooped in as they were TE light and traded Tonyon to get D. Johnson back lmfao.

I ended up trading Waller as well a few weeks ago for Diggs so I now have a foursome of Allen, Knox, Sanders and Diggs to roll every week until they cool off.
Wheelin' and dealin' man! wow! Sounds like that guy isn't very good at managing his team, to be honest lol.

I just love Derrick Henry too much to ever trade him. I was so pissed I didn't get him this year!

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Wheelin' and dealin' man! wow! Sounds like that guy isn't very good at managing his team, to be honest lol.

I just love Derrick Henry too much to ever trade him. I was so pissed I didn't get him this year!

oh he is doing terrible but also has had some unfortunate injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad