Value of Canuck Players

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
What is the value of some of the Canuck players? That is my question! Please answer only in draft picks. These are my players and what I value them as. If you have someone else, please put them on the end of your post, with their value. (Edit: Top 3 protected) You can disagree with me, but please doing it by posting your value of that player, thanks. Just want your opinion, so I can be more objective! Thanks PS........Looking for respectful answers thanks!

Schneider= 2 firsts and a second
(Young solid goalie, who can steal games, top five when the old ones retire for sure)

Luongo= 1 first and a second
(3 or 4 good seasons left in a all-star goalie....devalued by 1- first round pick because of contract)

Edler= 2 first and a third
(All star Offensive D-man, huge potential if nastier)

Ballard= 1 second and a third
(Versitile, offensive upside d-man, but let's not get carried away)

Higgins= 1 second
(Dependable, solid, third liner)

Raymond= 1 second and a third
(Versitile, fast, inconsistant second liner,with defensive capabilities, potential upside)

Schroeder= 2 seconds and a third
(Risky to move, potential upside 2 line center, small, needs to improve faceoffs to increase value)

Booth= 1-second and a third
( Good upside, unlucky, injury prone, second liner)

These are players mentioned on CDC as tradable, or I would trade them, but obviously not all.
How do you value them,in terms of draft picks?

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
What is the value of some of the Canuck players? That is my question! Please answer only in draft picks. These are my players and what I value them as. If you have someone else, please put them on the end of your post, with their value. (Edit: Top 3 protected) You can disagree with me, but please doing it by posting your value of that player, thanks. Just want your opinion, so I can be more objective! Thanks PS........Looking for respectful answers thanks!

Schneider= 2 firsts and a second
(Young solid goalie, who can steal games, top five when the old ones retire for sure)

Luongo= 1 first and a second
(3 or 4 good seasons left in a all-star goalie....devalued by 1- first round pick because of contract)

Edler= 2 first and a third
(All star Offensive D-man, huge potential if nastier)

Ballard= 1 second and a third
(Versitile, offensive upside d-man, but let's not get carried away)

Higgins= 1 second
(Dependable, solid, third liner)

Raymond= 1 second and a third
(Versitile, fast, inconsistant second liner,with defensive capabilities, potential upside)

Schroeder= 2 seconds and a third
(Risky to move, potential upside 2 line center, small, needs to improve faceoffs to increase value)

Booth= 1-second and a third
( Good upside, unlucky, injury prone, second liner)

These are players mentioned on CDC as tradable, or I would trade them, but obviously not all.
How do you value them,in terms of draft picks?

Doubt that

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Schneider worth more than Edler?

Nope. And are you saying all these first rounders are top-3 protected? If so, Schneider probably isn't even worth one of those, especially in this year's draft.

Lord Flacko*

Undervalued Edler and overvalued almost everyone else.
Edler = 3 firsts

Lord Flacko*

I think Higgins could get a 2nd at the DL, everyone seems to overpay a a little.

Raymond is certainly worth a 2nd and a 3rd based on this years production.

Yeah, those are the 3 that I think he got spot on

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Mods, this guy is a jerk and shows disrespect. The very reason, I didn't want it on the Canucks section was I wanted to know what fans from other teams thought, not just a loud mouth like this one, that would rather insult than put up his opinion, where others can look over his? proposals.....so very easy to hide behind a PC and not have to own an opinion, just trash the other guy. Man up and put down the values you think and let everyone see what you think they are worth. God, it's the very worst thing about the internet, you can hide behind your screen and act tough! Put your money where your mouth is " the bleeding edge" And Mods, Please move it back.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
What do you mean by "1st"? the 1st pick overall, or the 30th? Massive, colossal difference in value within the same round.

Schneider wouldn't be worth a 1st overall, let alone 2 of them+

Then again, I wouldn't trade Schneider for the 29th,30th, and 59th overall picks. Each of those could totally bust, Pat White-style.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I hate these kinds of threads, the questions are so vague and there are so many different opinions.

It really depends on who we're trading guys to.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
In principle he's worth as much as a mid/late 1st, but good luck getting that.

Considering what Paul Gaustad got last season, I'm confident Raymond could fetch a late 1st at the very least. There's more than enough teams that would have interest in him to rocket up the price.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Considering what Paul Gaustad got last season, I'm confident Raymond could fetch a late 1st at the very least. There's more than enough teams that would have interest in him to rocket up the price.

especially this year imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->