Speculation: Value of 2020 NYR 1st RD pick

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
What 1st round pick would you be willing to trade for an unprotected NYR 1st round pick next year.

For example, Would a team be willing to trade this years 10th overall pick for a chance for a top 5 pick next year?

Just curious of value.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Why would we trade a potential top 5 in a stacked draft for #10 this year

Reactions: bl02

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Why would we trade a potential top 5 in a stacked draft for #10 this year

I’m not saying I would. I want to see what is the highest a team would trade this year’s pick for next.

Would a team with 6th pick this year make that trade? What’s the highest 1st round pick the Rangers can get this year?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
What 1st round pick would you be willing to trade for an unprotected NYR 1st round pick next year.

For example, Would a team be willing to trade this years 10th overall pick for a chance for a top 5 pick next year?

Just curious of value.

family_guy_s.jpg

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I’m not saying I would. I want to see what is the highest a team would trade this year’s pick for next.

Would a team with 6th pick this year make that trade? What’s the highest 1st round pick the Rangers can get this year?
No, Detroit would not trade 6OV for a future first. Doesn’t make sense because even if Rangers were dead last next year the odds say that will be 4OV or greater. You are probably looking at something around 20 overall.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Agreed , the Rangers are not going to be a good team next season.
I'd say they are a 4-8 range lottery pick team.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania

Just curious of value.

Let’s trade for a top 10 this year when we have the second pick

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
Imo it would be insanity for the rangers to trade their 2020 1st. I would feel the same about any team that isn't a perennial contender trading away their first well ahead of the draft.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Truth is that even with the talent coming in next year with Kakko, Kravtsov, Rykov, Shestyorkhin, Hajek, and potentially Lundkvist and Miller, the Rangers are going to be the youngest team in the league, and stand to have some growing pains.

That 1st rounder is staying with us unless the group listed above is more NHL ready than we think.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Just curious of value.

Nobody trades a certain pick st 10 for a pick that could be anywhere from 1-22 next year.

A team drafting at 16-20 would do this

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Rangers are likely going to be worse next year having a full year without Zuccarelo and Hayes. Also Lundquist being a year older. Unless they can get a guy in his early 20s who is alright a first liner/first pairing they should hang onto him.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
while I expect marked improvement and with enough luck we may avoid bottom 10 [top 10 selection], moving the pick for less than ample profit does not make sense.

I'm not saying it's 111% off the table, but we would have to feel really good enough about what we got now for possible upside later.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Probably in the 20s

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Truth is that even with the talent coming in next year with Kakko, Kravtsov, Rykov, Shestyorkhin, Hajek, and potentially Lundkvist and Miller, the Rangers are going to be the youngest team in the league, and stand to have some growing pains.

That 1st rounder is staying with us unless the group listed above is more NHL ready than we think.
Rangers already are the youngest in the league and we’ll be getting even younger next year once we trade away a few more guys (Namestnikov and maybe Kreider and Vesey) and add Kravtsov/Kakko (or Hughes)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Rangers are not trading 1st round picks again for at least 4-5 years.

You do not continue to add talent to the system as others graduate to the NHL by trading future 1st round picks.

Trading a top 10 pick next year for a 3-5 pick this year is horrible asset management.

With how deep that draft is set to be, who you get at 5-10 will probably be better than who's available at 3-10 this year.

Keep the pick, and keep all future 1st rounders unless a slam dunk comes your way, and even then, think long and hard about making even THAT trade.

Reactions: klingsor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad