Valimaki vs Juolevi

Valimaki or Juolevi?

• Total voters

RightInTheAho

Dec 12, 2017
Valimaki is barely PPG in the WHL
Juolevi put up numbers playing against much better competition.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I hate both teams as an Oiler fan, but that aside I would take Valimaki. It's too early to say anything definitively, obviously, but if I were to chose to pick one today it would be Vali based on what I've seen of both of them thus far. Admittedly I haven't seen them both play a ton, but probably enough to make an decent educated guess. I'd love to have either as a prospect in the Oilers pool, though.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Lol he’s a defenceman...

Valimaki looked very good in the games I saw him in last year. Unfortunately I didn’t see Juolevi so the best I can do is base it off his last season with the Knights, in which case I take Valimaki.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Valimaki does everything well for a defenseman his age. Juolevi moves the puck pretty well in transition but in the games I've seen him he's too soft and not nearly assertive enough in either zone.

chewbaccaman

Aug 31, 2018
Seattle
Skating: Juolevi
Shooting: Valimaki
Passing: Juolevi
Defense: Tie
Physicality: Valimaki

I think Juolevi's skating and transition game will transfer to the NHL easier than Valimaki's high tempo offensive game. I would probably build around him on the blue line over Valimaki. If Valimaki hits his potential he could be a 60+ point d-man in his prime. Right now though I worry that his average skating will limit that potential at the next level.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Even right now. Neither player has proven jack shit right now. The gap isnt noticeable for me.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Valimaki is really good. He’s so strong physically for a puck mover.

I like Juolevi too but I think Valimaki is the guy you want.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Just so other fans know that dim jim literally hates anything Benning(right from the name)so don’t take anything he says to heart
Yeah, it's not like one of Benning's draft picks is my avatar right now, oh wait.

I'm willing to call a spade a spade, sorry I'm not a disgusting homer like you. I'm literally one of the biggest Boeser and Pettersson supporters on here, give it a rest.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Juuso.
Love the IQ. Guy was used as Calgary’s 1D every game he’s been in every preseason game he’s been in so far; looks like an NHLer.

He’d be the Dubs D of the year if he was healthy. Was a machine for Tri City during the playoffs.

Both are still way early in their development.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Just so other fans know that dim jim literally hates anything Benning(right from the name)so don’t take anything he says to heart

so obvious even non Canuck fans sees this, lol.

I had to vote my guy, hes defending is elite, that said Valimaki the other night out played Juolevi, he looks really really good. Juolevi didn't dress last night.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
so obvious even non Canuck fans sees this, lol.

I had to vote my guy, hes defending is elite, that said Valimaki the other night out played Juolevi, he looks really really good. Juolevi didn't dress last night.
Guy is clearly a Canucks fan, nice try though.

I'd rather be notorious for being a hater of an incompetent buffoon than be known as a fake insider that blindly cheers for everything his team does.

For those of you who don't know lawerence is a usual punching bag on the Canucks section of this forum, his most recent claim to fame is him peddling Juolevi being better than Sergachev because he outplayed him in the OHL playoffs 2 years ago.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Guy is clearly a Canucks fan, nice try though.

I'd rather be notorious for being a hater of an incompetent buffoon than be known as a fake insider that blindly cheers for everything his team does.

For those of you who don't know lawerence is a usual punching bag on the Canucks section of this forum, his most recent claim to fame is him peddling Juolevi being better than Sergachev because he outplayed him in the OHL playoffs 2 years ago.

you sound triggered. what happened?

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Huh?
Valimaki had .87 PPG in the CHL to Juolevi's .71 PPG

Juolevi was also out scored by 3 other Dmen in Turku :rolleyes:

The eye test says Juolevi looks like possible defender in the future whereas Valimaki despite being younger already looks like he could fit into the top.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Huh?
Valimaki had .87 PPG in the CHL to Juolevi's .71 PPG

Juolevi was also out scored by 3 other Dmen in Turku :rolleyes:

The eye test says Juolevi looks like possible defender in the future whereas Valimaki despite being younger already looks like he could fit into the top.

Juolevi had the second highest ppg out of dmen on his team, and the player that had a higher ppg is 33 years old.. Juolevi missed time due to the wjc and a bit after. Stop cherry picking stats. You also forgot to add the fact that he led the team in points in the playoffs among dmen.

Plus, he's not even an offensive dmen which valimaki clearly is.

Lastly valimaki is 5 months younger. Not a big deal at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad