Value of: Valeri Nichushkin

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Burmistrov 2.0 high draft pick goes back to Russia after elc for 2 years then comes back. Soon to be waiver wire fodder.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Maybe a fresh start with a team needing more offence (CAR, LAK, ARZ etc) would help both him and the receiving team?

How much value does he have?

5th rounder at this point. Dallas screwed that one up beyond belief. They could have moved him for a lot a few years ago. Now, his value is in the toilet.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
More hope for Gurianov than Nuke at this point?

God it seems like just yesterday that Nichushkin was a just drafted 18 year-old kid with a 6-4, 200 pound frame who stepped directly into the NHL and had like 15 goals. The hype was real. Should be a bit of a lesson that development isn’t linear. Nuke had his best NHL season at age 18.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
While Val hasn’t been great I’d much rather get rid of Pitlick, Comeau, Hanzal, or Ritchie. He’s been good when used on the third line and is solid in most aspects of the game except for his shot which might be the worst in the league.
If there was a way the Pens can pick up Pitlick and Nuke, I'd do it. Not sure what Dallas would take at this point, cap hit wise, something has to even out, like Maatta would need to be going. I wonder if a 2nd would get Honka in that as well, that would sort of just even out the cap hits.

Nuke, Pitlick, Honka for Maatta, 2nd.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Burmistrov 2.0 high draft pick goes back to Russia after elc for 2 years then comes back. Soon to be waiver wire fodder.

Eerily similar career paths. Straight to the NHL out of their drafts as teenagers...putting up very solid numbers in the NHL for a couple seasons for such young kids and getting people really amped on their potential. Then back to Russia for two solid, if not spectacular seasons...then back to the NHL where they really struggle to live up to expectations and are decidedly less impactful than they were as teenagers. Burmistrov is back in Russia today and certainly appears a worse player than he was the first time he went back to the KHL.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
While Val hasn’t been great I’d much rather get rid of Pitlick, Comeau, Hanzal, or Ritchie. He’s been good when used on the third line and is solid in most aspects of the game except for his shot which might be the worst in the league.
I could see Pitlick to NYR if the currency works.
Val N a no as long as Ruff is our D coach

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
He definitely could use a change in scenery. At times he has shown flashes of becoming a good playmaker at this level but it's tough to tell on the Stars cause no one can score goals as it is

He doesn't have much value. Maybe a similar aged struggling player or a meh prospect + mid round pick.

Would love to trade him for Burakovsky but I don't think the Caps would do it. The team he goes to needs a Russian player imo

Honka + Nuke for Burakovsky and...?

DC has been very friendly for reclamation projects under this regime. Michal Kempny, Brett Connolly, Lars Eller, DSP. Jaskin is looking like a win too. Would love to see if Rierden and company could unlock the potential in Honka and Nuke.

JC0720

Jul 5, 2018
Honka, like Val, shows flashes of brilliance but most of the time seems to be a step off. Of course, that seems to be the status quo in big D right now.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Talk about a struggling guy for a struggling guy. At least Caps' board would get something new to complain about. Ripping into Burka is starting to get a little old. Does Nichushkin enjoy getting healthy scratched? It's kind of important that he does.

On an unrelated note, are you guys super-duper fond of Blake Comeau or is he up for grabs?

Well if it was up to us fans he wouldn't be signed in the first place lol. He's an amazing penalty killer though I will give him that. He's gonna get a lot of hate from Stars fans on here but really other than offensively he hasn't been bad

Reactions: Blindsummit

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
More hope for Gurianov than Nuke at this point?

God it seems like just yesterday that Nichushkin was a just drafted 18 year-old kid with a 6-4, 200 pound frame who stepped directly into the NHL and had like 15 goals. The hype was real. Should be a bit of a lesson that development isn’t linear. Nuke had his best NHL season at age 18.

Wayyy more hope. Gurianov is awesome

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Honka + Nuke for Burakovsky and...?

DC has been very friendly for reclamation projects under this regime. Michal Kempny, Brett Connolly, Lars Eller, DSP. Jaskin is looking like a win too. Would love to see if Rierden and company could unlock the potential in Honka and Nuke.

Burakovsky and whatever you want really. Maybe a mid pick or prospect

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
I'd offer one of Pouliot/Boucher/Granlund/Gaunce/MDZ/Schaller unless they were interested in Beagle or Gagner

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
If there was a way the Pens can pick up Pitlick and Nuke, I'd do it. Not sure what Dallas would take at this point, cap hit wise, something has to even out, like Maatta would need to be going. I wonder if a 2nd would get Honka in that as well, that would sort of just even out the cap hits.

I wouldn't mind that.

Lindell - Klingberg
Maatta - Heiskanen

Looks pretty solid, if you ask me. Nordic enough

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Oh how the mighty have fallen.
A year ago both these guys were "worth" firsts.
A year ago Honka hadn't been decimated by a year of Hitch and Val was in Russia not lighting it up. Honka had had recent success in the AHL and had looked good in brief stints in the NHL. Nobody knew Nichushkin's value this time last year. I'm sure the resounding theme if you looked it up was that Stars fans assumed his value was so low as to not warrant trading him.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Dallas is treading towards missing the playoffs. I highly doubt they consider moving their first.

Bad trading partners really

They haven't done much with their 1st rounders, unless it's the top 3 kind. Unless there is a good chance of winning the lottery this year and/or there is an overhaul management, development and scouting departments, it's a 1st rounder not worth holding on to.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
2 years ago he was. He is gaining a little confidence right now but last season under Hitchcock just destroyed him. Feels like almost every time he gets the puck he turns it over. Badly needs a change in scenery as well and maybe he could somehow turn things around
It wasn't Hitch, he has always been garbage.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008

Maatta, at this point is, is overpaid while playing on the 3rd pair from what I hear. However, I think if paired up with Heiskanen he could really do well. Who knows? Stars fans are fed up with Nuke and Honka, and Maatta seems to have worn out his welcome in Pittsburgh. I'm not too keen on moving Pitlick though. He was a solid on the checking line last year. Replace him with Comeau and I'd take this deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad