Speculation: Valeri Nichushkin

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Nuke's probably thinking he dodged a bullet, if he's even bothered to check near the bottom of the NHL standings where Dallas currently resides.

I'm sure he's doing just fine at home in Russia.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nuke's probably thinking he dodged a bullet, if he's even bothered to check near the bottom of the NHL standings where Dallas currently resides.

I'm sure he's doing just fine at home in Russia.

Well he would be playing first line minutes every night in Dallas . Almost nobody is left on forward that could challenge him for those minutes. I mean the team played a defenseman as a forward two games in a row . Not dressed 7 D but actually played a D as a forward.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Would he bump Eaves, regularly?

Maybe.

Either way the Stars would only be marginally better with Nuke in the lineup. It's a dumpster fire right now.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
He is gonna look good on las vegas

This is pretty silly. Who would you protect: Roussell's one year left or Nichushkin? You can substitute Eakin as well since he'd be at least the 2C in Las Vegas but we have 3 better centers and he makes too much.

Would he bump Eaves, regularly?

Maybe.

Either way the Stars would only be marginally better with Nuke in the lineup. It's a dumpster fire right now.

He should but probably wouldn't because the Stars love Eaves.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
This is pretty silly. Who would you protect: Roussell's one year left or Nichushkin? You can substitute Eakin as well since he'd be at least the 2C in Las Vegas but we have 3 better centers and he makes too much.

He should but probably wouldn't because the Stars love Eaves.

Vegas is definitely gonna end up with a decent forward from Dallas either way. my guess is Nuchuskin gets traded for a late 1st or something

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Not sure how it works. Does Dallas have to protect him and can Vegas draft his rights if he is not protected

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Vegas is definitely gonna end up with a decent forward from Dallas either way. my guess is Nuchuskin gets traded for a late 1st or something

Why does he get traded. We have his rights until he is 27. He is currently 21, has said he wants to come back and signed a deal that allows him to leave after one year. Next year we lose sharp, Hudler, Eaves,Hemsky upfront. Sure Eaves is probably retained because he is adored but Sharp is likely too expensive, Hemsky is gone and Hudler has. Chance if he kills it but is likely gone. There will be opportunity for him especially if Janmark's injury ends up being a career ending one.

Right now he is an obvious protected player and protecting him doesn't leave anyone unprotected that hurts un is any way.

No point in trading him

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012

I'm not saying the OP is representative of NHL GMs, but his offer is Ullmark + 3rd. At this point I have lots of doubts that an offer will come in that makes Nill consider trading him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad