Valeri Kamensky Lack of Effort Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Since we are voting on the Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award, let's vote on the Valeri Kamensky Lack of Effort Award. (Hat Tip to MortUwary.)

Who is the player who gave the least effort this year?

I am not putting Diaz or MSL because they just got acquired.

Last edited:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Nash.

The guy is perfectly fine being a 30 goal scorer floater.

When he has all the talent in the world and could be a perennial 40+ goal guy if willing to get his nose dirty.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Love it, love the award name.

I don't know how it could go to anyone other than Marty Biron.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Nash.

Others have had dips in their play but no-one comes off as lazy as Nash.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I went a bit off the board with Stepan.

I think Richards is playing his hardest, he just isn't very good anymore frankly.

I'm willing to cut Nash a bit of slack because of his injury, and because people simply expect him to hit because he has a big frame.

I have been extremely disappointed with both the effort and play from Stepan this year, especially after missing part of TC.

Seven Years

Mar 17, 2011
Close call between Stepan and Nash, however I decided to vote Nash. Occasionally I'll notice Stepan making a solid play when he isn't doing well, Nash... All he'll do is take the puck, attempt to deke out three guys, lose the puck and disappear for the rest of the game.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Nash.

The guy is perfectly fine being a 30 goal scorer floater.

When he has all the talent in the world and could be a perennial 40+ goal guy if willing to get his nose dirty.

in his tenure as a Ranger he's scored at ~36 goals / 82 games played.

Looking at the NHL stats the past few years, that's basically top 10 in the NHL in terms of goals scored.

He is what he is.

lack of effort? heh.

I'll give that award to Richards. Guy lives and dies off of the secondary assist for doing NOTHING.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Richards is what he is at this point in his career. And I don't think it is for lack of effort. For all his warts, I think he's trying his darnest. And Nash gets a lot of undeserved flack around here too, for what, not popping in 40 goals? He's on pace for 35, which is right in his wheelhouse. He's a big body that doesn't go into the dirty areas. It's never been his game. But fans see that as laziness.

I'd give it to either Stepan or Kreider. Both, at this point in their careers, can offer so much more to the team on a nightly basis. But they don't bring it every night. Stepan moreso than Kreider.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Nash

If he was a Russian (or just a Euro) he'd be called the stereotypical "soft and lazy" Russian...

Richards is trying, he just doesn't have "it" anymore. Stepan hasn't been lazy either IMO, he just can't really skate. But Nash has all the tools, he just seems to not really care a lot of the time.

Punxrocknyc19*

I went a bit off the board with Stepan.

I think Richards is playing his hardest, he just isn't very good anymore frankly.

I'm willing to cut Nash a bit of slack because of his injury, and because people simply expect him to hit because he has a big frame.

I have been extremely disappointed with both the effort and play from Stepan this year, especially after missing part of TC.

maybe its the injuries or maybe something else.. think about this... Nash was a more complete player and hit more when he was on the Jackets. Nash showed more of an edge. he comes to the Rangers, tries to be a fancy soft forward. :rant: im not asking Nash to be a Lucic out their but if he had an edge like Backes or J.Benn, not many fans would be complaining.. maybe the reason he does not care, is because no one stuck up for him when he got hit by Stuart.. maybe that can be an issue in the room.. little things like that matter.. if i was a goal scorer and not one of my teammates stuck up for me, i would end up not caring either. just something to think about....

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
maybe its the injuries or maybe something else.. think about this... Nash was a more complete player and hit more when he was on the Jackets. Nash showed more of an edge. he comes to the Rangers, tries to be a fancy soft forward. :rant: im not asking Nash to be a Lucic out their but if he had an edge like Backes or J.Benn, not many fans would be complaining.. maybe the reason he does not care, is because no one stuck up for him when he got hit by Stuart.. maybe that can be an issue in the room.. little things like that matter.. if i was a goal scorer and not one of my teammates stuck up for me, i would end up not caring either. just something to think about....

If such a little thing makes you not care, then you have to question how you made it to the big stage at all. All these players are in it primarily for themselves, they should try their best all the time and not stop playing at their best because of such a minor incident. If that's the case, their work ethic is questionable to begin with and he is a predestined candidate for this award.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
in his tenure as a Ranger he's scored at ~36 goals / 82 games played.

Looking at the NHL stats the past few years, that's basically top 10 in the NHL in terms of goals scored.

He is what he is.

lack of effort? heh.

I'll give that award to Richards. Guy lives and dies off of the secondary assist for doing NOTHING.

Sorry, Im not into the fun pro-rated game. I think its very important to mention he missed 17 games with a concussion since its effected his willingness to engage.

36 points in 53 games. Nearly $8M dollar cap hit. 4 assets to get him in a trade.

If thats "what he is," then this teams in big trouble. Perhaps Tortorella would have been a better coach for him. He wouldnt have accepted this "is what he is" crap, especially when it involves lack of engagement on a nightly basis.

Net Front Presence

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 29, 2009
I went with Stepan. I don't even know how he has as many points as he does. He's pretty much invisible out there this year.

I would have voted Richards, but he does give a ton of effort, he just isn't the player he used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad