Speculation: Val Nichushkin returning to NHL for upcoming season-Stars want him back

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Wasn’t one of his reasons for leaving his waning minutes?

Always nice to add a “free” player but I doubt he ever lives up to his rookie season hype.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this guy is much of a difference maker. He was seriously underwhelming when he was with the Stars before. I wouldn't expect anything more than he was when he left. A tall 3rd line winger who can get 15~ish goals and 30~ish points.

Dallas seems to need scoring depth like crazy, and it sounds like that sunk their season. So this would be a welcome addition for them. But other teams shouldn't be pining over Nichushkin.

How was Dadonov in his first stint with the Panthers?

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I hope he flourishes, I thought for sure he was going to be a superstar in his draft year. Dude was a beast.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
He's got a low bar to meet, just be better than Brett Ritchie. If he can't do that, he doesn't deserve to stay longer than a season.

member 105785

B-U-S-T-

This is Next Yakapov. Get ready for 30 point season and back to Mother Russia.

Don't see how a 10OA pick is a bust to the same level as a recent 1OA, there are plenty of underwhelming players picked in the 10OA.

Nick Ritchie, Slater Koekoek, Dylan McIlrath all taken at 10, Gormley, Jack Campbell, Ryan Strome, Siemens, Pouliot, Max Domi were all taken around 10 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

What? :laugh:

If they can sign Kovy on the cheap, why not take the risk? Promoting from within clearly hasn't been working, why not bring in an established vet who (I think) can make a difference? Plus with Radulov already happily integrated that would give us three solid Russian wingers with good chemistry.

I know, I know, it's most likely not going to happen and he'll go to the Rangers or something. Just saying I wouldn't be upset if Dallas nabbed him. Again, only for a good price.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
What? :laugh:

If they can sign Kovy on the cheap, why not take the risk? Promoting from within clearly hasn't been working, why not bring in an established vet who (I think) can make a difference? Plus with Radulov already happily integrated that would give us three solid Russian wingers with good chemistry.

I know, I know, it's most likely not going to happen and he'll go to the Rangers or something. Just saying I wouldn't be upset if Dallas nabbed him. Again, only for a good price.
Cheap as in $1 million then yes. Never liked the guy myself.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
The guy has a top line mentality but a bottom 6 skillset. Bust, just like most of the Stars picks in recent years, and will be back in KHL in a year or two.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
How was Dadonov in his first stint with the Panthers?

Dadonov spent 5 years in the KHL between his stints with serious production in his last three years there (especially the last year), and he also produced above PPG for Russia at multiple World Championship tourneys.

Nichushkin spent 2 years in the KHL between his stints with good/decent second fiddle scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad