Val James

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
What is everyone's opinion on James? I honestly never heard of him until I came across a clip of him TKO'ing O'Reilly - in which he looked pretty ominous. Never saw Terry handled so easily. Checked out his other fights on YouTube and he was definately GOOD, but IMO, Kordic and Fraser outpointed him in 2 minor league scraps.

Obviously not a "player" - 14 total NHL games with 3 fights and NO points.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
He wrote an autobiography with the late ESPN's John Saunders that I highly recommend. According to him at least, he was one of the toughest fighters of his era.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He wrote an autobiography with the late ESPN's John Saunders that I highly recommend. According to him at least, he was one of the toughest fighters of his era.

He was one of the toughest fighters of his era IMO.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't hold a loss to John Kordic against anyone. If you can hold your own against that Steroid/cocaine fueled rocket you don't need to prove yourself to the likes of me.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
My only memory of him is footage of John Brophy demonstrating clearing the front of the net and using James as a prop at a leaf practice. Looked funny, but James was probably embarrassed

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerowoy nora tolad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad