Prospect Info: Vadim Zherenko - goaltender - (2019, 208th, STL)

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I wonder if there is a calculus there were you take a player with a late pick periodically just to reward the work from a scout. If I were a scout and you never picked a guy I recommended it would get demoralizing. A 7th rounder isn’t much cost to take a chance and show a guy you have confidence in his scouting.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I wonder if there is a calculus there were you take a player with a late pick periodically just to reward the work from a scout. If I were a scout and you never picked a guy I recommended it would get demoralizing. A 7th rounder isn’t much cost to take a chance and show a guy you have confidence in his scouting.
appears that scout knew what he was talking about

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Goalies are completely unpredictable, but even if he’s “just” a quality AHL goalie, that’s still pretty valuable given the draft position. If he’s even more than that, which his numbers this season in his first year in North America suggest that he might be, that’s just gravy.

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
As we know, workloads can have an impact on stats. When Hofer is up next year, Vadim will really show us whether this year is good because he is playing a backup role or if his stats are a precursor of things to come.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Goalies are completely unpredictable, but even if he’s “just” a quality AHL goalie, that’s still pretty valuable given the draft position. If he’s even more than that, which his numbers this season in his first year in North America suggest that he might be, that’s just gravy.
Yep. Hitting in the 3rd round and later really really helps a team. 7th round? That’s extra tasty gravy.

And the Blues appear to have likely hit in the 7th round 2 years in a row - 2018 with Tucker and 2019 with Zherenko.

Still waiting for Filip Helt and Nikolaj Krag-Christensen to blossom though… :D

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Yep. Hitting in the 3rd round and later really really helps a team. 7th round? That’s extra tasty gravy.

And the Blues appear to have likely hit in the 7th round 2 years in a row - 2018 with Tucker and 2019 with Zherenko.

Still waiting for Filip Helt and Nikolaj Krag-Christensen to blossom though… :D
Noah Beck and Ivan Vorobyov haven't exactly been disappointing either. Still far to early to say for sure but the stats look pretty good on both of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad