Vaccine and vaccination thread part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
And this might be more for the Stocks threads, but the J&J vaccine approval is going to make me happy because I've had stock in that company literally since I was a little kid.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
And this might be more for the Stocks threads, but the J&J vaccine approval is going to make me happy because I've had stock in that company literally since I was a little kid.
tumblr_milip8te7a1rl52wjo7_500.gif

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Just got home from getting my 1st shot with my father.Everything went great,go back in 4 weeks for the 2nd shot.Big shot of vaccine and relief!

Reactions: JMCx4

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

J&J vaccine news is fantastic. One-shot, no refrigeration drastically reduces logistical hurdles.

Some of the media narratives out there that it's "not as effective" as the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines are so stupid. J&J's clinical trials had zero deaths and zero serious cases. That's exactly the same as the others.

We can distribute J&J shots easier and faster. It's literally going to save the world.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
about the JNJ,

I suspect there is a different definition of severe illness being used in those trials than the others. Because, it gives near 100% protection from death or the ICU, yet the severe illness was less than the other vaccines. That's what is not adding up here

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Well, it was a childhood gift type thing from my grandparents (intended for college payment purposes), and my grandmother's now called me about it three times now, so it's kind of been on my mind. :D
So Grandma wants the stock back now? :(

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I just rcvd an email from our nursing director that we should have 80% of our population vaccinated by the end of June (locally). Good news, because they were saying early fall a few months ago.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I got my 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine last week, and get my 2nd dose at midnight on the 19th. I made sure to get it when I’m off because I heard the reaction is not fun.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I got my 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine last week, and get my 2nd dose at midnight on the 19th. I made sure to get it when I’m off because I heard the reaction is not fun.
My uncles both had about 24 hours worth of "zonked out" after the second dose, but have otherwise felt perfectly fine afterward. Haven't heard from my aunt or my grandmother yet, and my father only just became eligible and is making appointments.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
My uncles both had about 24 hours worth of "zonked out" after the second dose, but have otherwise felt perfectly fine afterward. Haven't heard from my aunt or my grandmother yet, and my father only just became eligible and is making appointments.

Yeah lots of what I'd describe as light flu-like symptoms, at worst, with second dose. Nothing that ~24hrs (or less) of rest didn't solve.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
It’s funny my brother who works in health care got effected pretty bad (soreness, tiredness etc) from the shot but my dad who’s 67 with a billion health issues was fine after the shot.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
It’s funny my brother who works in health care got effected pretty bad (soreness, tiredness etc) from the shot but my dad who’s 67 with a billion health issues was fine after the shot.

Depends on what the health issues are, but it might be that your dad didn't have much of a response to the vaccine.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
DANG, it's just a digital counter going up really fast. I was hoping to see a bunch of people getting skewered by huge needles. :boredom:

Proves that us old folks can take a punch & swing back. :wally:

Reactions: Dubi Doo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->