Raptors Discussion: v97 Raptor's 2023-2024 Season complete - 6th. worst team.

Keep or Trade - Siakam

• Trade

Votes: 63 90.0%
  • Re-Sign

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The last thread was way over 1k (and 2k) and while the necessity of switching out is no longer a thing, it still make sense not to just let threads drag on forever so that they aren't daunting, impenetrable monoliths for people who arrive late.

And switching from the playoffs to the off-season is as good of a transition point as any.

Reactions: robertmac43

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
He just doesn't want to play because he knows he's gonna lose anyways.... Just excuses piled on top of excuses.

100% he would have played a Game 7.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Its funny seeing Philly fans crying and calling Raptors fans classless because they cheered when Siakam unintentionally injured Embiid. (Especially when in the same breath theyre all calling for Siakam's head next time the Raptors are in Philly)

As if they are some respectful fanbase who has never booed or cheered against an opponent. Philly as a city is definitely not known for doing that...:rolleyes:

Anyway, not losing any sleep that Embiid is injured after that series. Couldn't have happened to a better person

Last edited:
Reactions: trellaine201

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Been reading a lot of the end-of-season stuff from the players. Everyone has so many good things to say about the Raptors and playing in Toronto. It's awesome to hear after being such an undesirable place for many players over the years. Obviosuly some will still favor playing in LA, NY, etc; but at least we are seeing a little bit of a culture change.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Been reading a lot of the end-of-season stuff from the players. Everyone has so many good things to say about the Raptors and playing in Toronto. It's awesome to hear after being such an undesirable place for many players over the years. Obviosuly some will still favor playing in LA, NY, etc; but at least we are seeing a little bit of a culture change.

Yeah I feel we had just started to get that after the championship, but then Covid/playing in Orlando hit so we lost a lot of that momentum as a destination for players. Good to hear its coming back

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Its funny seeing Philly fans crying and calling Raptors fans classless because they cheered when Siakam unintentionally injured Embiid. (Especially when in the same breath theyre all calling for Siakam's head next time the Raptors are in Philly)

As if they are some respectful fanbase who has never booed or cheered against an opponent. Philly as a city is definitely not known for doing that...:rolleyes:

Anyway, not losing any sleep that Embiid is injured after that series. Couldn't have happened to a better person
Yeah, the fans in the building were cheering that Siakam got an and-1 (as called on the floor lol) and got louder because they realized it was Embiid he yammed on. I don't think anyone in the stands realized Embiid was hurt in any way.

Now, Jack basically implying karma's a bitch as Embiid was getting iced and treated and as he got the benefit of watching dozens of replays? That, I didn't like. He's better than that and it's fair to hold broadcasters to a higher standard.

But what happened with the fans? Overblown. But of course, after what happened with KD (which I'm not going to bother defending because it was bad), no one is going to be giving us the benefit of the doubt and everyone's just gonna assume that we gleefully cheer solely for player injuries. The solution here is to just not give a rat's ass what others think. Besides, this'll blow over in a week or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pink Mist

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah, the fans in the building were cheering that Siakam got an and-1 (as called on the floor lol) and got louder because they realized it was Embiid he yammed on. I don't think anyone in the stands realized Embiid was hurt in any way.

Now, Jack basically implying karma's a bitch as Embiid was getting iced and treated and as he got the benefit of watching dozens of replays? That, I didn't like. He's better than that and it's fair to hold broadcasters to a higher standard.

But what happened with the fans? Overblown. But of course, after what happened with KD (which I'm not going to bother defending because it was bad), no one is going to be giving us the benefit of the doubt and everyone's just gonna assume that we gleefully cheer solely for player injuries. The solution here is to just not give a rat's ass what others think. Besides, this'll blow over in a week or two.

Can we not give commentators the benefit of the doubt too? Embiid walked it off. Nobody knew he suffered an orbital fracture.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I let some time pass before commenting cause that second half hurt. The 17-0 run, damn. We were right in it at halftime.

Successful season, nice fight shown by the team to rally and win games 4/5. Scottie looks like an absolute gem, hell of a bounce-back season from Siakam. Lots of good things happened this year. Wish it ended on a more positive note but the team shows a lot of potential.

I'd be looking to add some scoring and another ball-handler this off-season. I'm not as keen on a big. Gobert I really don't like as a fit on this team, we don't need someone who can't score even if he is very good on D. If there's a good fit out there, sure, but I wouldn't be forcing it.

Reactions: Pink Mist

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Here we go. Lakers have asked the Raps permission to talk to our assistant ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad