Raptors Discussion: v95|Masai's back! The panic and dread can now end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
That is the only thing they can be going for. Another lottery pick!!!

There are some key free agents next summer at that spot that they can be targeting:

Ayton
Zeller
Wiseman
Valencounas
Zubac

Expiring contracts off the books is Dragic, Gillipsie, Boucher, etc..

Maybe they tank and go for it next season. Who know?
this team will always have issues with free agency sadly. but we could always target wiseman now(along with moody and kuminga);)

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
What if Dragic doesn’t want to be in TO though. Rebuilding etc. Looking to be an ugly season as of now.

And whose the GM?
Then he can sulk on the bench, hes not going to forfeit his large salary as a non star player out of entitlement to Toronto. And our GM is Bobby Webster, the same as its been since 2017.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
monk goes to the lakers on a minimum deal too, this f***ing league is rigged man

although, this HAS to put pressure on goldenstate to make a move one would think.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Wonder if Masai looks at taking Love's contract to add Garland or Sexton? Love expires the same year as FVV and is a good rebounder and can shoot. Sexton/Garland would be the guard of the future for this team.

It would probably cost Siakam for Love, 1 of Sexland and another piece.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Wonder if Masai looks at taking Love's contract to add Garland or Sexton? Love expires the same year as FVV and is a good rebounder and can shoot. Sexton/Garland would be the guard of the future for this team.

It would probably cost Siakam for Love, 1 of Sexland and another piece.
im pretty certain we could do much better for siakam than sexton, spicy is the best player in that deal AND we have to take love? gross lol

edit: remember that game against the raptors last year where love just like quit? lol i dont him anywhere near this team tbh unless we getting something crazy good back like mobley.

Reactions: Eyedea

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Curious they haven’t re-signed Khem Birch.

Would be smart to flip Dragic to Dallas for Dwight Powell.

They also need another combo type guard to try and replace some of Lowry’s offense as a scorer and playmaker. Hopefully Flynn can take a step but he’ll need help.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
interesting thing i saw on realgm taken from reddit. it does make sense.

"I can't reveal sources (obviously), but the Raptors have until Thursday to deal Dragic for assets or cap space they want. If they are unable to find a third team Miami has to send more compensation for taking on Dragic.
This is part of the S&T agreement, but it's also why you haven't heard anything outside of what's for sure. Raptors are absolutely getting Precious, and a Second. If they deal Dragic, they get those assets as well. If they can't find a buyer, I'm told Miami will owe Toronto either Okpala, a pick, or both.
(P.S. I'm being told the Lillard trade rumors are absolute bullshit -- at this time at least)."

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
interesting thing i saw on realgm taken from reddit. it does make sense.

"I can't reveal sources (obviously), but the Raptors have until Thursday to deal Dragic for assets or cap space they want. If they are unable to find a third team Miami has to send more compensation for taking on Dragic.
This is part of the S&T agreement, but it's also why you haven't heard anything outside of what's for sure. Raptors are absolutely getting Precious, and a Second. If they deal Dragic, they get those assets as well. If they can't find a buyer, I'm told Miami will owe Toronto either Okpala, a pick, or both.
(P.S. I'm being told the Lillard trade rumors are absolute bullshit -- at this time at least)."

Honestly, if I was Masai/Webster, I'd probably just pretend I couldn't find a deal for Dragic then, lol.

Reactions: TheGreatOne11

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Honestly, if I was Masai/Webster, I'd probably just pretend I couldn't find a deal for Dragic then, lol.
Keep in mind though, that would also mean they lost most of their room to improve their team with that 19 Million in cap gone.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Keep in mind though, that would also mean they lost most of their room to improve their team with that 19 Million in cap gone.
This team isn't going to seriously contend this season anyways though. If those extra assets from Miami are true, I'd rather take them, unless the third team offers us even more for Dragic.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Raptors' Pascal Siakam garnering interest from Kings - Sports Illustrated

While Pascal Siakam trade rumors have subsided in the past few days, interest around the league still remains for the Toronto Raptors' former All-Star.

The Sacramento Kings are reportedly a team interested in adding the 27-year-old Siakam, The Athletic's Sam Amick told Duce Mason and Morgan Ragan.

"The Kings definitely have interest," Amick said. "They would like a crack at him, but again, it's just a matter of what does that look like."

While Amick said he couldn't speak about a potential trade offer, he mentioned the names Marvin Bagley and Buddy Hield as the types of players the Kings could offer Toronto in a trade.

Toronto had reportedly been shopping Siakam around the league prior to the NBA Draft and had been looking to acquire a star. Damian Lillard, Bradley Beal, and Ben Simmons were all named connected to the Raptors, though it does not appear trade discussions got very far with Portland, Washington, or Philadelphia.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
2021 NBA free agency: Live updates, trades, news, analysis; Carmelo Anthony joining Lakers; Bulls to add DeMar DeRozan - The Athletic

Where will Dragic land?

By Tim Cato

August 3, 2021 at 2:25 PM EDT

The Kyle Lowry sign-and-trade to Miami isn't in doubt, but it appears the reason it hasn't been officially completed yet is that Toronto is now trying to re-home Goran Dragic. In statements to the media, Dragic expressed a desire to join the Mavericks and play with Luka Doncic, something Dallas is known to be interested in as well. To join as a third team in that deal, Dallas would have to send at least $14.4 million in salary to Toronto, something most easily done by combining Dwight Powell and Willie Cauley-Stein. But that's also where it gets complicated.

Dallas wouldn't want to do that because Powell is beloved around the organization, and losing two centers in the same transaction would thin the team's depth. The Mavs also don't want to replace Cauley-Stein with one of their prospects in Josh Green or Tyrell Terry. But Toronto likely views Dragic, a proven veteran on an expiring deal, as a positive asset. Dallas wants him, so why shouldn't it give something up? That's the current limbo it's easy to imagine both teams in right now. One possible solution is Dallas finding an expendable player Toronto does want and using a recently acquired trade exception (TPE) to bring something more conducive to the Raptors' likings.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
the Kings draft picks would be pretty spicy for me with their history of mediocrity.

Those draft picks are also cursed.

fcU0L6C0iTbRef7Dd2IyaYzljp8=.gif

Reactions: phillipmike

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Bagley is trash. They should pay us to take him
buddy hield isnt much of a positive asset either. a package around those 2 is laughable. haliburton or picks package for me or nty!

i think with what the lakers have done, the warriors have to know they need another big piece

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
I'd take Haliburton and Davion from Sacramento, doubt they deal both tho.

As far as Raptors go if they cant deal Dragic they have to be getting a 2022 1st otherwise it is a terrible deal.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I'd take Haliburton and Davion from Sacramento, doubt they deal both tho.

As far as Raptors go if they cant deal Dragic they have to be getting a 2022 1st otherwise it is a terrible deal.
they will be able to deal him, just not maybe until the trade deadline. those expiring contracts are always valuable. but ye, i think best case is we cant find a partner..get more assets from MIA then deal him later.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Lakers are loading up (although the age of some of these players might be a problem come playoff time). Hopefully this pushes GSW to go all in for Siakam with a big offer.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Blake Murphy on the Dragic deal potentially holding up the Birch signing;
Khem Birch still seems likely to be back, a piece of business the Raptors can do once they know whether they’ll be an above-cap team (midlevel exception) or below-cap team (room exception).

Related news which would impact the Birch signing and why the Raps don’t look to be after Dallas’ centres or even Precious. They have the incentive to not close a deal with Dallas for Dragic because it might mean landing Herro;

From Reddit so take it with a grain of salt;
My speculation is that it is either Kyle Lowry in a sign and trade for;

Dragic + Precious AND Okpala

OR

Dragic + Tyler Herro

For Kyle to receive a $90 mil contract, his 2021-2022 salary must be atleast $28.5M (with 5% increases each season), the Heat must be sending the Raptors atleast 22.7M in salary (within 125%).

Dragic (19.44) and Achiuwa (2.71) equals 22.15M, which is not enough. The trade would have to also include KZ Okpala at 1.78M.

You can tell the rumours regarding Achiuwa are baseless because nobody is talking about Okpala, who would necessarily need to be included.

Dragic + Herro work salary wise.
Given that Dragic is a negative asset and Achiuwa and Okpala are not very valuable, in light of the enormous loss the Raps experience by forgoing their cap space, it is very unlikely the Raptors would accept such an offer (Dragic, Precious and Okpala).

In light of this, it's clear the rumoured trade package is baseless and its more likely the trade package is Dragic + Herro or Dragic + Achiuwa + Okpala + multiple picks.
To understand why the Heat would need to include a real asset to make this trade work - the Raptors are losing a lot by doing this sign and trade (forgoing almost 20M in capspace) while the Heat are gaining a lot (ability to utilize the MLE).

For those who don't know how this works - the trade between the Raptors and Heat was informally completed yesterday. For all intents and purposes, the Raptors cannot withdraw from the trade nor will the Heat change what they are sending out.

The only reason we are waiting for the details is because for practical reasons, it is easier for the Raptors to re-package the assets received in this trade in a single multi-team transaction.

apparently the only picks the Heat can trade are 2022 second rounder (less favourable between Philadelphia/Denver) and their 2024 second rounder.

This makes the Herro trade option more likely.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Achiuwa already confirmed in the deal, there was a article/interview with him where he talked about everything Miami taught him

Anyways, it looks like Okpala, 2nd, Achiuwa, Dragic. Or the Lowry contract isn't 90M and Okpala isnt included

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad