Raptors Discussion: v94 | Raptors land 4th pick in NBA draft lottery. Draft set for July 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I will say this. If Raps sneak into the play in/playoffs, I don't think many teams want to play them. Raps haven't played up to their potential and if they decide to turn it up, thats a tough series.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I agree. The Raps have been in every game with a lineup consisting of mostly bench players.

If the Raps can string together a couple of wins, and Lowry, FVV and Trent all come back for a final push. There is no doubt in my mind that they can make the playoffs and beat a couple of teams along the way.

This team is too good to not make the playoffs and I really like the elements of the game that Birch and Gillipsee have brought to the team. Especially Birch.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Is there a separate FIBA thread on these boards, or does that get discussed here as well? I try not to get excited about Canada basketball anymore (once bitten, twice shy) but Dan Shulman just pulled me back in.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
What the hell are all these guys resting for? Aren't they trying to get into a play in situation? It's so weird

Maybe they are embracing the tank. The play in is a gimmick and hopefully they are not part of it. This team doesn’t have it this year, get a good pick and regroup for next season. Hopefully Siakam gets dealt as well.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Maybe they are embracing the tank. The play in is a gimmick and hopefully they are not part of it. This team doesn’t have it this year, get a good pick and regroup for next season. Hopefully Siakam gets dealt as well.

I agree with you. I just find peculiar, that's all. A bunch of guys out for "rest" while the team is technically trying to get into a playoff spot. What was the point in hanging to Kyle then? They are just not going to play him and then let him walk? I don't get the thinking

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Lowry right now would be playing on any playoff bound team. His injury isnt all that serious.

I agree if you had intentions of tanking the season, why not deal him and try to resign in off season. Makes no sense.

Regardless of what the offers were, you would have received playing assets that in turn could have been flipped in the off season.

Sorry Im confused.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Zanks

Apr 8, 2017
Lowry right now would be playing on any playoff bound team. His injury isnt all that serious.

I agree if you had intentions of tanking the season, why not deal him and try to resign in off season. Makes no sense.

Regardless of what the offers were, you would have received playing assets that in turn could have been flipped in the off season.

Sorry Im confused.

Basketball trades force you to match salaries (approx). Lowry makes 30mil. The guys being offered back might not have been expiring, which would eat into our cap space for this summer. Also, you can't give away Lowry for free (or minimal assets). This sewers your bargaining position in future trades.

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
This team just doesn't have the tanking pedigree as some of these perennial tanking teams like the Wolves, the Pistons, the Kings, the Cavs without Lebron, the Magic...these teams have the tank science down to a T. Also think Yuta is a keeper, he's been playing better since getting consistent minutes.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
This team just doesn't have the tanking pedigree as some of these perennial tanking teams like the Wolves, the Pistons, the Kings, the Cavs without Lebron, the Magic...these teams have the tank science down to a T. Also think Yuta is a keeper, he's been playing better since getting consistent minutes.
Definitely what we should strive to emulate :laugh:

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
So are we playing ourselves out of a top lottery pick with this run?

Dunno if I show be happy or not with this winning streak

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Really wish we signed Lu Dort. Guy is a stud and would be the perfect player to add to our core.

Can’t keep snoozing on these undrafted Canadian studs.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Boucher has been such a bright spot all season. He's made huge steps in his development. Along with Gary Trent Jr and Flynn, the Raps have some good pieces coming up on top of the Pascal,FVV and OG group.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Hey there!

Sen's fan coming in peace! Recently won a Raptor's Coffee table, made from the 25th anniversary court from Leon's and potentially looking to sell it anyone is interested.
Literally just moved in December and bought a bunch of new furniture, and would have no place to put it.

Cheers!

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Hey there!

Sen's fan coming in peace! Recently won a Raptor's Coffee table, made from the 25th anniversary court from Leon's and potentially looking to sell it anyone is interested.
Literally just moved in December and bought a bunch of new furniture, and would have no place to put it.

Cheers!

sent you a message

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Any similarities between Utah this season and 17-18 Raptors? Both teams first in the conference but not considered favourites necessarily.

I'd assume it's because these "experts" probably say they don't really have any superstars on their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->