Raptors Discussion: v94 | Raptors land 4th pick in NBA draft lottery. Draft set for July 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Odds are Trent Jr. is going to be better then anyone we draft from 7 to 15.

If we were a team with no potential I would be annoyed. We have a lot of potential with good young players, we should try to continue our winning culture

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Odds are Trent Jr. is going to be better then anyone we draft from 7 to 15.

If we were a team with no potential I would be annoyed. We have a lot of potential with good young players, we should try to continue our winning culture
Tre Mann, Jaden Springer and Davion Mitchell could all go in that range and they will almost certainly end up better than Trent, who is getting way too heavily overrated off of a game winner vs a garbage Wizards team without Beal.

It's also possible to maintain a winning culture and execute a stealth tank if the opportunity presents itself, like David Robinson's season ending injury which helped the Spurs land Duncan.

Zanks

Apr 8, 2017
Tre Mann, Jaden Springer and Davion Mitchell could all go in that range and they will almost certainly end up better than Trent, who is getting way too heavily overrated off of a game winner vs a garbage Wizards team without Beal.

It's also possible to maintain a winning culture and execute a stealth tank if the opportunity presents itself, like David Robinson's season ending injury which helped the Spurs land Duncan.

Well he said odds are he's better than who we select from 7-13.

That's 7 picks. Basically, he's saying Trent Jr will be better than 4 of the 7 guys selected. I think that's actually pretty reasonable, and doesn't actually contradict with what you said. He could be worse than all three of the guys you stated, and still be better than most of the guys in that range.

That said you are comparing a sure thing contributor, to a pick that could be an actual star (or superstar?), which Trent Jr will almost certainly NOT be.

tmlfan98

Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Well he said odds are he's better than who we select from 7-13.

That's 7 picks. Basically, he's saying Trent Jr will be better than 4 of the 7 guys selected. I think that's actually pretty reasonable, and doesn't actually contradict with what you said. He could be worse than all three of the guys you stated, and still be better than most of the guys in that range.

That said you are comparing a sure thing contributor, to a pick that could be an actual star (or superstar?), which Trent Jr will almost certainly NOT be.
I interpreted that as him saying there's a good chance Trent Jr will be better than any name in that range.

I would not be surprised if any of the 3 names I mentioned become superstars on a championship contender, and there are likely guys that I will inevitably be wrong about thinking they won't be any good so I wouldn't say just 3 names either, this is a deep draft. I would be shocked if Trent Jr becomes one.

Zanks

Apr 8, 2017
I interpreted that as him saying there's a good chance Trent Jr will be better than any name in that range.

I would not be surprised if any of the 3 names I mentioned become superstars on a championship contender, and there are likely guys that I will inevitably be wrong about thinking they won't be any good so I wouldn't say just 3 names either, this is a deep draft. I would be shocked if Trent Jr becomes one.

Ya. Fair interpretation.

Personally, I Iike Trent Jr over the guys you specifically named.

GTJ is like the same age as Davion (if I remember correctly) and he's already an elite 3pt threat with respectable defence.

However, I do think that there will be a star or 2 (or even 3) that are picked after 7 in this draft.

I just don't know who pans out (obviously). I do like the ceiling of alot of players in this draft tho.

tmlfan98

Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Ya. Fair interpretation.

Personally, I Iike Trent Jr over the guys you specifically named.

GTJ is like the same age as Davion (if I remember correctly) and he's already an elite 3pt threat with respectable defence.

However, I do think that there will be a star or 2 (or even 3) that are picked after 7 in this draft.

I just don't know who pans out (obviously). I do like the ceiling of alot of players in this draft tho.
I'm confident the guys I mentioned will have/develop a better ability to create their own shots against top competition than Trent Jr, which is a key trait in a closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->