Raptors Discussion: v94 | Raptors land 4th pick in NBA draft lottery. Draft set for July 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Let the sixers choke again come playoff time. I’m glad we didn’t trade him there because he could’ve seriously put them over the top to finally get to the finals
Yeah, he’s a tangible ‘winner’ who could have had that kind of impact on a playoff run.
Surprised no one offered good value.
I hope the team can land a big or two with their cap space (not sure what actual ‘max’ is).

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Compelling argument. Curious how Drummond, regardless of warts won't make an impact? If he doesn't score a point, his rebounding alone is a major bonus. Also gives you the option of Gasol or Drummond backing Davis when healthy.
Drummond may make an impact in limited usage, but he's not swinging the odds at all.

Whens the last time a buyout player was a significant part of a teams title run?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Amazing read from Powell! Do check it out if you have a couple minutes.

The North | By Norman Powell
You can tell he really enjoyed his time as a Raptor and how much it meant to him. Its great to see since just 10 years ago, a player could care less if they were traded from Toronto. Now to see how players actually value their time here and want to be here is another mark of the culture Masai built here.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
To me there's a significant drop off after 7 in this draft:
1. Cade Cunningham
2. Jalen Green
3. Jalen Suggs
4. Jonathan Kuminga
5. Tre Mann
6. Evan Mobley
7. Moses Moody

IMO Tre Mann is getting slept on big time, and I'm not sold on Mobley at all. Let another team take a secondary star big with no perimeter game whatsoever.

This team needs a #1 option who can create his own shot from anywhere on the floor. The guys in my top 5 are our best bets to get one in this draft if we can move up the board. I'm also not as sold on guys like Ziaire, Bouknight, Springer, Davion, etc as others are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->