Raptors Discussion: v93 | Panic level rising significantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
He’s 5 years younger than Norm, plays good D and shoots the 3 well. I like this trade, gotta think Hood doesn’t fit in. Not sure what Trent being an RFA means in regard to resigning him

Better control for us...norm was gonna ask for a lot, and we didn't need to be attached to that.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
It’s a business. So it complicates things. You can’t put your feelings into things or you fail. You sit down with Lowry and explain to him how he’s been the best Raptor of all time and you want to help him win a championship again and that it won’t be here due to lack of talent surrounding him.
I do see what you’re saying, and I’m not even necessarily disagreeing. But I can see the other side too. There is a benefit to keeping players, particularly when they are the greatest of all time for your team. Even if he walks at the end of the season, we showed him a level of respect that he deserves. I do think that’s worth something to the other players who play on our team and to future players as well.

So I would also be totally fine with getting nothing for him if he wanted to stay. It seems like he wants to go though so we don’t have to worry about that I guess

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Why he prefer to stay for another 25ish games on a non-playoff team who plays every game on the road, over taking a run at another championship?

Even if he really wants to stay a Raptor, he could take this trade and come back in the summer.

Staying makes no sense for Kyle no matter how loyal he is.
Just a hypothetical for discussion’s sake. He probably does want another shot to win.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Yes, I realize that..Powell will opt-out this year, no way he accepts that player option.

Norm will get more then that..and IMO, I wouldn't touch that deal with the Raps.
Obviously norm will opt-out but he likely costs 20m ish. So for 3-4mm more you're going to give up a better player? Maybe trent does become better, but i'd rather the firsts and cap space any day of the week. This also doesn't help our tank as much as trent is decent.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I would do a Zubac for Lowry. Zubac is a nice young player obviously you will need salaries to match up

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I like Trent a lot. Solid move to get a bit younger and really a late 1st...we'd be hoping they'd turn out to be someone like Trent value wise.

Reactions: Jozay

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Obviously norm will opt-out but he likely costs 20m ish. So for 3-4mm more you're going to give up a better player? Maybe trent does become better, but i'd rather the firsts and cap space any day of the week. This also doesn't help our tank as much as trent is decent.

IMO, with a healthy roster..I dont know if Norm is a starter. Trent gives us another dimension - solid defensively and can rebound.

I don't think getting a 1st (late one) does anything for the Raptors...and if we get cap space, that does what? We spend it on another iffy player that won't really push the needle?

This trade gives us another body and can still re-tool. We will now get picks for KL, instead of having to replace 2 roster players.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Trent is only 22 and is trending in the same direction as Powell did a few years ago. Upon further reflection, it seems like a beneficial move for the Raps to retool, get younger, and remain competitive.
i mean masai just traded norm for somebody whos gonna ask for 15m per this summer who we hope can become norm one day lol, i can see why they did it but i dont really get it personally.

edit: to be clear im not saying its bad per se, i just didnt expect it, jury out still..could end up poorly.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Sad to see Powell go. But like the deal. I really like Trent, really can develop into a Powell type player. So to me its a good swap. And the throw in of Hood isnt exactly garbage. He's been an average player and an option off the bench this year and next as hes signed. Maybe Nurse can get him going.

I like the deal.

Reactions: donghabs98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad