Raptors Discussion: v90| Fighting through the injuries (but not Coronavirus. NBA Suspends season until further notice)

Who wins the game Clips or Raps?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Everyone participating in the stuff tonight are wearing their teams' alternate jerseys. But so many of them have oddball color schemes and designs that it's hard to figure out what team they belong to.

Like Aaron Gordon is wearing black and orange. Because that's what you think of when you think "Orlando Magic"

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Looks like we're back to dunk contests sucking.

EDIT: Kenny needs to dial it back. It's like ever since he "it's over. let's go home" from the Vince contest he's trying waaaayyyyy too hard to make a soundbite for every single dunk.

EDIT: this is getting painful to listen to. Everyone just picks a line and repeats it to death around each dunk. There's no actually commentary, it's just the same line over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

EDIT 2: and then we get a joke ending with the commentary guys loudly booing it and denegrating it because they don't agree. Good job. and Kenny Smith seems like everyone's confused uncle, struggling to understand what's happening while loudly complaining that he's against it.

I was a better contest at the end than it was at the beginning, but i was almost impossible to listen to.

Last edited:

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
I accidently elbowed Nav in the head at the Stevenson-Jack event at ACC while turning around in a Timmies line. I felt bad but he was super cool about it.

Reactions: ronzigato

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Finally!!!!

7:30PM here, against the Suns.

Gasol still out for a while, Norm still out for a little while.

No worries. This team thrives on adversity, challenge and injuries and knows how to show up every single night.

Didn't bother with the All Star stuff, it feels like a month since we last played.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Another great performance by the boys!!!!! The refs tried to get Ibaka out with a few BS calls. TD was amazing, what a find for us. Still think it will be tough to beat the Bucs in a series but Boston, Philly, Miami, I am quite confident. ECF would be a huge accomplishment given most NBA "experts" had us 6th, 7th, 8th or out of the playoffs entirely.... my lord.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It all comes down to another Tor vs Mil east final.

I think that if it comes down to that, I think Raps will have the advantage of no pressure. They won already, they can just go out there and play their game. There will be a ton of pressure on Milwaukee after last year. Honestly, it'll be a close series. If Milwaukee thinks it's going to be easy path to the final without Kawhi on the Raps, they are very wrong. But if Milwaukee wins in 7 games or something, then so be it. I am not going to be too upset. Funny what 1 championship can do. Then ESPN and TNT will say "see, we told you that they Raps can't win without Kawhi" Or some other non-sense.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I think that if it comes down to that, I think Raps will have the advantage of no pressure. They won already, they can just go out there and play their game. There will be a ton of pressure on Milwaukee after last year. Honestly, it'll be a close series. If Milwaukee thinks it's going to be easy path to the final without Kawhi on the Raps, they are very wrong. But if Milwaukee wins in 7 games or something, then so be it. I am not going to be too upset. Funny what 1 championship can do. Then ESPN and TNT will say "see, we told you that they Raps can't win without Kawhi" Or some other non-sense.

Yup, it should be very close. Agree with everything you said, would only add that not only is all the pressure on the Bucks, the Raptors also have the advantage of experience from last season which is worth a lot IMO. Put all they've been through this season on top of that and this is one battle hardened group that's a team with a capital T and is ready for anything. Plus I consider Nurse to be an elite coach!

Then is there any reason I shouldn't think we have an excellent shot at beating whoever we face in the finals?

I'm putting a few bucks on the Raps winning. Mostly just for fun, probably 50-100 something like that. Still kicking myself for not doing it last year.

Oh yeah one more thing - f*** ESPN.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
It all comes down to another Tor vs Mil east final.

This year has gone way better than I ever imagined it would. And I was optimistic that we were better than the ESPN BS, but still...

Best thing IMO was Nick Nurse talking about how they're working on making Siakam a better closer. Dunno if he can do it, but that is EXACTLY what this team needs. We are so lucky we made the coaching move last year. Nothing against Casey, but Nurse has been outstanding. Who (other than God and/or Masai) knew?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Thought this was a CFL game ?

upload_2020-2-23_18-35-23.png

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Boston LA Lakers Milwaukee Toronto all legit to be a finals team. Raps will have to go through all 3 of them if they want to repeat.

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad