Raptors Discussion: v90| Fighting through the injuries (but not Coronavirus. NBA Suspends season until further notice)

Who wins the game Clips or Raps?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Looks like Ibaka might be back on Sat, but Kyle isn't ready yet.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Who loses playing time with KL and Serge back?

This team is fun and works damn hard.

We don’t get any damn calls.

Reactions: Plat87

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
Such a likeable group. They play hard at both ends unlike another Toronto team lol. Siakam had a rough night but we have other players to pick up the slack

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
Such a likeable group. They play hard at both ends unlike another Toronto team lol. Siakam had a rough night but we have other players to pick up the slack

Yeah, Isaac is a tough matchup for Pascal that kid is a beast defensively, game by game this team is showing us it's depth with continued improvements from OG, Powell, TD, RHJ, Boucher....can't wait til Lowry and Ibaka comes back.

Reactions: The Big Swede13

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Who loses playing time with KL and Serge back?

This team is fun and works damn hard.

We don’t get any damn calls.

My guess at a healthy roster:

Starters
Gasol
Siakam
Anunoby
vanVleet
Lowry

Bench
Ibaka
Boucher
Hollis-Jefferson
Powell
Davis

Situational
Thomas
Whichever of McCaw/Miller/Johnson is most necessary for matchups or earns that spot.

It's not ideal, PG-wise on the second unit as technically Davis is more of a 2/undersized 3, but in his small sample he's actually putting up not-terrible assist numbers (3rd best assists/100 possessions on the team behind Lowry and VanVleet) so it might be worth seeing if he can be trusted with the gig. And if not it's not a huge deal because it's not like each unit only plays exclusively within itself. There's plenty of time to rotate Davis in as a wing with Fred or Kyle still in as a primary PG.

The advantage of this roster is that it has flexibility/versatility for days. Almost everyone can play at least 2 positions so they can just hit 'shuffle', throw out whatever comes up and there's a very decent chance it will be workable.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Man Davis is a baller.

Seems like I’ll be catching a game in mid January as I’ll be in Toronto for work. You guys recommend I get tickets now or later? Not a key match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad