Raptors Discussion: v90| Fighting through the injuries (but not Coronavirus. NBA Suspends season until further notice)

Who wins the game Clips or Raps?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
NBA is really miles ahead of the NHL in terms of how to run the League.
They are not rushing to get back and at least seem more organized

They also don't have as much incentive to rush back. I think part of the NHL's rush to get back is they see the opportunity to be the only big 4 sport on tv.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They also don't have as much incentive to rush back. I think part of the NHL's rush to get back is they see the opportunity to be the only big 4 sport on tv.
That’s probably the reason but I think NHL MGT needs to understand that the causal fans, by that I mean people who don’t watch hockey or only care if their home team is doing well. Just bc there is no sports, it doesn’t mean people will tune in.

Reactions: Jozay

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Bulls’ new front office playing long game on coaching change - Chicago Sun-Times

Now that the Advocate Center is reopened for work and members of the front office are expected in and out of town in the next few weeks, Karnisovas will have the opportunity to show the Reinsdorfs he assessed Boylen in person.

After the NBA board of governors voted to move forward with a 22-team restart and player representatives approved it Friday, the Bulls’ season officially has come to an end. But the business of basketball has to continue.

Sources have told the Sun-Times that 76ers assistant Ime Udoka is the front-runner to become the Bulls’ new coach, with Raptors assistant — and former Bulls assistant — Adrian Griffin also in the picture.

Karnisovas and Eversley are familiar with both men, and each is more than qualified for the position. It’s a win-win, but it’s also a process.

There’s no one who secretly has been waiting in the wings for a year or two. There are no underhanded side deals being made.

For once, the Bulls are doing things the right way.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
So apparently the NBA website has us in 8th for its post season power rankings behind teams like the 76ers (lol). It's crazy how much disrespect the Raps get. Defending champs and third best record this year man.
The Raps could go 74-8 and still be disrespected by the NBA media. There's nothing getting around it sadly.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Nothing says "team with a proud championship history" like redesigning their uniforms 2 years after the title win.

As long as there's no stupid, pointless gold-and-black-colored Drake uniform I'll probably be fine with what they do.

Reactions: al secord

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Nothing says "team with a proud championship history" like redesigning their uniforms 2 years after the title win.

As long as there's no stupid, pointless gold-and-black-colored Drake uniform I'll probably be fine with what they do.

Drake's face is the new logo

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I saw this logo concept on Bardown. I think a minimalist return to a Raptor face isn’t a bad idea. Just play up the red and white colour scheme per the Earned jersey with the chevron.

upload_2020-6-17_11-45-56.png

upload_2020-6-17_11-46-24.jpeg

Reactions: brhymes19

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010

Ugh. I really wish we'd stay with our winning colours a little longer. Hard to know who/what we are on the court. I remember when uniforms didn't change for.... decades it seems.

When they announced the new "Drake inspired" uniforms I hated the idea. I don't like Drake's music (but there's no denying his influence and success - he's raised Toronto's profile on the music scene immensely) but from the moment the guys first came out on court with them..... I loved them. They are my favourite(s). They look great.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Ugh. I really wish we'd stay with our winning colours a little longer. Hard to know who/what we are on the court. I remember when uniforms didn't change for.... decades it seems.

When they announced the new "Drake inspired" uniforms I hated the idea. I don't like Drake's music (but there's no denying his influence and success - he's raised Toronto's profile on the music scene immensely) but from the moment the guys first came out on court with them..... I loved them. They are my favourite(s). They look great.

They're apparently not changing the colors. I saw speculation that they're going to more permanently switch to something that resembles the "North" unis they wore at points last season. So at least it's not a shit totally away from their current look. I just don't like there to be this much frequent tinkering. It seems like the org can't go more than 3-5 years without adding something or altering something or switching which design they use primarily.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
People hate on Drake but the Raps are irrelevant (even more so) without him. I’d argue Kawhi doesn’t even report last year.

Reactions: Kurtz

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
People hate on Drake but the Raps are irrelevant (even more so) without him. I’d argue Kawhi doesn’t even report last year.

The only time Drake shows up to games are when his friends on other teams come to town. I don't hear about him promoting them that much during the season except for when his friends are in town or during the playoffs. The only place the Raps are irrelevant is on US sports media and that's with or without Drake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad