Raptors Discussion: v90| Fighting through the injuries (but not Coronavirus. NBA Suspends season until further notice)

Who wins the game Clips or Raps?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Anyone ever thought about this: IF the season resumes and we jump straight into the playoffs that both Kyrie and Durant will be healthy to play? Brooklyn would play us in the first round. Or no chance that both of them will be healthy by then?

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Anyone ever thought about this: IF the season resumes and we jump straight into the playoffs that both Kyrie and Durant will be healthy to play? Brooklyn would play us in the first round. Or no chance that both of them will be healthy by then?
I doubt it. Even if they do come back there will 100% be significant rust for them to shake off. If Norm keeps his recent form going and FVV keeps it together we would still probably be favourites by a decent bit

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
New pattern?

Toronto win, MLB season cancelled. Toronto win, NBA season cancelled

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Biggest thing that changed this series aside from Leonard saying to give him Giannis, was FVV returning to form. Another thing is our experience really overcame the Bucks. I might even argue Nurse outcoached Bud later in the series.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Was having a discussion with my Dad today during brunch. We were picking out our starting 5 Raptors lineups of all time in terms of best lineup and favourite players. Would love to hear people's thoughts on their own lineups.

Best Lineup:
1) Lowry
2) Demar
3) Vince
4) Kawhi
5) Bosh

Favourite Players:
1) TJ. Ford
2) Morris Peterson
3) Kawhi
4) Ibaka
5) Bosh

Lowry and Demar are both HM for favourite players.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I feel like putting Kawhi and Bosh at the 4 and 5 is a little cheaty even if the modern NBA is increasingly moving to smaller/posititionless/hybrid position lineups. So with that in mind

Best
C - Valanciunas (no slight to Jonas, but my god is the historical list of "proper/legit" Raptors centers a junk collection. Gasol and Ibaka would get serious consideration and they both were well past their primes by the time they reached Toronto.
PF - Bosh
SF - Kawhi
SG - Carter
PG - Lowry

Favorite (I'm doing a full roster because I can't bear to leave some guys out :laugh:)

PosStarterBenchReserve
CJonas ValanciunasMarc GasolKeon Clark
PFAmir JohnsonDonyell MarshallEd Davis
SFKawhi LeonardMorris PetersonWalt Williams
SGVince CarterDeMar DeRozanAlvin Williams
PGKyle LowryDamon StoudamireJose Calderon
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Alvin is a bit of a cheat because he's really a PG, but I couldn't bear to leave him off and I'd take him over some of the other SGs I've liked such as Jalen Rose or Anthony Parker.

I don't always go all the way back to the very beginnings of the Raptors outside of Damon and Walt Williams because I was a Vancouver Grizzlies fan for their first 4ish years until it became clear they were living on borrowed time here. Were I allowed, I'd sprinkle in some Grizzlies to my all-time fandom team, replacing Davis and probably Walt Williams so I could shuffle the lineup around a bit to insert Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Anthony Peeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad